Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I love when my child tries to negotiate with me ugh!!!

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:32 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
My 5 year old is the biggest pain lately. I'm starting I think it's her older siblings fault (she's the youngest of 5) this morning she asked for a cookie (we have a ton of fricken girlscout cookies still boo) I told her no we are not eating cookies at 830 in the morning maybe after lunch. So she starts whining and asking every 2 seconds again I say no and knock it off or she won't get any at all today. She looked right at me and said "I'll stop if you let me have a cookie" wtf!? But now that I think about it my 12 year old bribes her all the time I yelled at her this weekend because she wanted to watch something on TV so she told my 5 year old if you let me watch a show I will give you a dollar.
I look at the little turd and said "no I will not give you a cookie you will stop because I told you to and I don't negotiate with terrorists"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
im_2_xblessed
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Lol kids really are something else
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:34 PM

My dd is like that too.  Damn kids. LOL

nickolyn
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:35 PM

lol kinda cute, but at the same time irritating 

Sarafinn2012
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:35 PM

LOL Wait till she's 10! My oldest is a "negotiator" or a "but mom..." or a "I don't WANT to" kid. GAH! I can't say I blame her, she is my daughter and I was the same way. I have even said to my mom "Oh, I am so getting my payback and I am truly sorry for what I put you through!" ;/

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:37 PM
We have been fighting that this week too. We've set a no Let's Make a Deal rule. Any attempted negotiations equal getting sent to his room.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:39 PM
She's learning pretty fast her annoy mom until she gives in tactics are not working. She's currently sitting in her room talking to her dolls about how mean mommy is and she's hungry but mommy won't give her a cookie. It almostakes me want to give her a cookie because she's pretty damn cute lol

Quoting nickolyn:

lol kinda cute, but at the same time irritating 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I stole the line from The Pacifier..I tell mine *We'll just do things my way. No highway option*

dee1603
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Dd is a negotiator. She gets it from her dad. I can't stand it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jesistar6910
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:41 PM

LOL....don't negotiate with terrorists.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:43 PM
I tell my teenagers this also!

Quoting Anonymous:

I stole the line from The Pacifier..I tell mine *We'll just do things my way. No highway option*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN