Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HE Got a Vasectomy without telling his wife!

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:52 PM
  • 59 Replies

My girlfriend has been calling to vent for days over her DH poor choices in decision making, I call it reckless. Last weekend he went out and bought himself a $2000.00 motorcycle, cleaning out there bank accont with every penny they had in savings (He is a father of 3, one in which is a brand new baby.) Showed up at home with it and didnt care what she had to say about it, just said "too late" already done. Then yesturday without discussing it with her, he went and had himself a vasectomy, yup for REAL no joke! He said he was done having kids and didnt care what she thought, it was his body and his decision! I personally think he is over the marriage and doing anything he can to make her mad, OR he has already found someone else and is doing these things for her. He used to be a pretty reasonable guy, and she had always been happy in her marriage, now its like the marrige from hell and she is seeking answers! Anyone else think he's up to no good? Who does that!

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kryptomom
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

He may be.  But what is his side of the story?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM
4 moms liked this
While I think the vasectomy should have been discussed, he is right. It is his body and his choice. It doesnt sound like they have a very healthy marriage though. They should look into counseling and learn to communicate if they are going to make this work
babyspots17
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Sounds like something is wrong for sure!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Old enough for a mid life crisis?

Not that its a good excuse but maybe he's a little off his rocker?

arizbet22
by Yetta on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM
3 moms liked this

Why can't a man choose what to do with his body?  I mean women can.  Why it is so wrong for a man to have rights? 

Mrspotatolips
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM
When you are married your bodies belong to each other. Sounds like he doesn't want to be married anymore.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cherylam
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:58 PM

something isn't right for sure...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:59 PM

wow.....ya that is so wrong. I would be pissed if my husband started acting like that. those are things you def should be discussing with your spouse before doing it. that should absolutely be a couple decision. something def is up if this is new behavior for him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:00 PM

It is his body... And ultimately his choice but in a healthy marriage, issues are discussed. A wife getting her tubes tied without discussing it with her dh would have been just as bad.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Sounds like a possible mid-life crisis to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)