Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you dreading an upcoming family event because you can't stand your in-laws?

Posted by   + Show Post

Have a family event coming up that you're dreading because you cannot STAND your in-laws? Tell us about it!

arguing

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Replies (101-107):
Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Nope, I love and adore my inlaws. It's my family I can't stand

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:37 AM

nope! I put my foot down and told dh i was DONE. He is more then free to go but im not setting foot anywhere near them...

rayroe2
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:47 AM
My sil doesn't like me because I am nit picky about my babies.. . ....I don't get it maybe I am rough around the edges but you just ain't doing any old thing with my child....like let them teeth on your hand?? No my child don't even put my hand in her mouth so why would I not say something about you?? That's how babies get yeast and stuff.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lello
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Somewhat dreading whenever my in-laws come to visit to see the new baby.  I feel a bit bad to even be worried about that already when I "should" just be yay baby.  And I'm glad the baby has people who want to welcome and love it.  I'm just afraid how much advice and judgement we may get, how long the visits will last, how the house will look and so on.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Easter with my in-laws will be interesting, as my husband has decided that he is no longer speaking to his family, but wants to still attend family functions for his mother's sake, and so the kids aren't cut off from their cousins.....leaving me in the middle. Oh joy.

heartagram_girl
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:56 AM

My babyshower- but not because of my MIL, but because of my own mother!

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I think we must have the same MIL.  lol

Quoting mrsrodgers0703:

Every single family event my mother in law gets all flustered and high strung. She ALWAYS WITHOUT FAIL makes some ridiculous rude snarky remark to one of us. No one is allowed to speak up either, because as soon as you do HER feelings are hurt and she's offended. It's exhausting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)