Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you dreading an upcoming family event because you can't stand your in-laws?

Posted by   + Show Post

Have a family event coming up that you're dreading because you cannot STAND your in-laws? Tell us about it!

arguing

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Yep, Easter. Well, not all of them. One SIL and her husband I could just kick in the face.

Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Nope, because I'm not going!  These are not my in-laws but blood related family members. Can't stand to be around them for more than 30mins. XD

hollywood74
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:19 PM

i refuse to attened they wanna be disrespectful to me, i dnt have to be bothered with them i try to eliminate as much stress in my life as i can!

kgsharber
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Yes! Easter! Which is why we rescheduled this year to be with my family. Dh's Mom is in a mode where she completely favors's my nephew over my children, my nephew is a self-centered brat (got mad my son had an iPhone and told him "Only I get to have new things and everyone else gets to want them, not play with them"), my SIL is just like her child, but treats my niece (her step dd) like crap, my BIL is a total asshole.

They are full of drama, so they can have each other for the holidays. We will go horse back riding and spend the Easter letting all the kids have fun!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:33 PM

We have a hunch that my husbands nephew will be getting married sometime soon, within a year or so. We are already dreading it. It's not necessarily my FIL or new step MIL, it's DH's 3 brothers. There was an epic, things said & done that can't be taken back fight when my MIL passed away & DH cannot forgive any of them yet. He kind of becomes The Hulk (minus green, more red) when we even speak of them, let alone see them. He is so laid back & just rolls with everything, except for this. I'm concerned that if one look is given wrong or something is said he's going to lose it. I do believe fists will be flying. 

babygomez
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Nope. I love my in-laws, and love being around them. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:35 PM

No problems.  We actually get along and respect one another.  No power trips, petty behavior or snobs in our family.

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:36 PM

YES .... obviously easter.    my inlaws are either persian or hillbillies that scream constantly indoors and smoke like chimneys....   not looking forward to that at all.   and the food the cook.   so gross!  

ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:36 PM

not so much. but any family event that is on my dads side i dread going to because of my mother. I dont care for her comments. my dad died 2 years ago and honestly i wish she would stop showing up. *sigh*. so the thing i'm dreading next is either the birth of my 4th child next month or my dds 5th birthday in may. probably the party more so than the birth. because she'll make comments than i'm sure.

XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Not my in laws, but my own family.... They suck....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)