Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you dreading an upcoming family event because you can't stand your in-laws?

Posted by   + Show Post

Have a family event coming up that you're dreading because you cannot STAND your in-laws? Tell us about it!

arguing

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Absolutely...we're having a baby this summer. I wish they never had to be around any of my kids. Ugh
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Most of the time, yes.

But luckily, here lately, my MIL never comes to family events. She's just in her own little world.

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I am dreading my sister in laws baby shower because extended family is quite suck.

slransde
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Quoting Raeann11:

Yes, Easter weekend.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TugBoatMama
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:40 PM

The next kid's birthday party. Its not about any particular person. Its that the personalities in my family and my dh's family are vastly different, so its always awkward being the person in the middle of that.

jbyrd898
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I dont have any parent in-laws. My hubby's parents passed away years ago. I like my sister in law though.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I love my in-laws but I hate that my FIL smokes, I don't want smoke around my children and I hate my SIL's bragginess.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Yep. Dreading my upcoming niece's birthday party because my SIL is the spawn of Satan. I've not seen them since Christmas and I hate my SIL so much. She tried to break up DH and me on our wedding day. The only reason we talk to her is so DH can have a relationship with his niece.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I love my in-laws.  But I dread any event that my SIL is going to be at - which is most holidays.  She's a freaking drama-seeking psycho and throws tantrums over imagined insults.  Her lazy-ass husband is no better and will purposely get her all wound up and then sit back and watch while she makes everyone miserable.  Their kids are spoiled little beasts that destroy everything.

mayasmama11
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Just Thanksgiving. My inlaws on his dad's side do stuff with THEIR inlaws for all the other holidays except Christmas. But his mom's side does Thanksgiving on that day and mine does ours on the day after. (Black Friday). All I can think about is if I can just get through thanksgiving day I'll be able to get to the day after. His grandmother on his mom's side is a snippy old lady who actually POUTS if she doesn't get her way. His mom is addicted to God knows what at this point, and I just can't stand being around them. I actually like his dad's side of the family but because they are usually busy with sports and dance and stuff we don't get to spend a lot of time with them. My little one isn't quite 16 months old and is too little for extracuriculars (sp?). I can't wait until she is older so we can participate
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN