Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you dreading an upcoming family event because you can't stand your in-laws?

Posted by   + Show Post

Have a family event coming up that you're dreading because you cannot STAND your in-laws? Tell us about it!

arguing

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:45 PM

nope nothing coming up with the inlaws...they live in fl thank god. i love dh's dad but his stepmom is a BEAST. ughh

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I am kinda dreading easter with my family and dh's.
dh's because they are uber relgious and talk down to us because we are not hardcore catholics. They also hate that we may only have one child than the 4 0r 5 that each of them have so far. We are the black sheep =)

My family because there is just so much drama. My sister dislikes dh, 15 year old niece with a child, my parents fighting with my half-siblings. Cousins fighting over who is the biggest bitch. Blah blah blah.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Any time I have to spend time with my inlaws is generally dreaded.  They aren't crazy, but my MIL overall is an overbearing, overstepping her boundaries kind of person.  Plus a few years ago she completely disrespected me in front of a lot of dh's family.  I go, play nice and come home.  You will never catch me saying "Oh, I think I go spend time with MIL."

Constant_Reader
by ~ curly mop on top ~ on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Gosh yes! I dread all get togethers that involve the hubs family! His sister is a complete nightmare!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AntzMom24
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:14 PM

No. I'm one of the rare few that have a kick ass In Law family. :) Thankfully... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Yes this coming weekend. It's an inlaw family gathering and I am dreading it. I never know what I'm walking into with my MIL moods: I'm praying to God she's in a good one. My SIL is a sanctimonious bitch and I probably won't talk to her the whole time.

AprilJ24
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:28 PM
No, thankfully I have terrific inlaws. My MIl is suppose to be down next week and then we are all going to the beach in May for a week. Can't wait too see them.

Now my mom, ugh, that's a totally different story.
Islandmom2boys
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:30 PM

No, we never see my in laws. My dh refuses to go see them, they haven't met my youngest son just seen pictures of him.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I would love to be able to go to my sister's for Easter, but it's not happening because I do not want to be around my dad's sister (aka "aunt"). That bitch said some very nasty things last May and I have not spoken to her or had anything to do with her since. 

She showed up at my MIL's receiving and I got up and walked out so as not to have a confrontation at the funeral home. She muttered some shit about family being family and all should be forgiven ... whatever. Not happening. I don't need her or want her in my life. 

MomTo2Boys12
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Nope. I've grown very close to my in laws recently since the death of my brother in law, their oldest son. Granted mother in law can't cook to save her soul, but that's as bad as it gets.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)