Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you dreading an upcoming family event because you can't stand your in-laws?

Posted by   + Show Post

Have a family event coming up that you're dreading because you cannot STAND your in-laws? Tell us about it!

arguing

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I can't stand anyone in my husband's family. This is one reason why we are moving 900 miles away next month. I am dreading Easter before we go. They're ALL going to be here. All.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:11 PM
My IL's make me dread every birthday and holiday. Either it is a monster guilt trip over us loving my family so much more, mil trying to take over my own children's birthdays, them offering to take Xmas eve instead of Christmas day so they can turn around and tell everyone we didn't even visit on Xmas, or them insisting on taking me out for my Bday so I can sit there while no one even speaks english (although they easily could) and then no one says a word to me while my dh sits there feeling horribly about their behavior. They take every day that should be special and crap on it. Every year we pull away more and more and it doesn't have to be this way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Yup, I dread Easter and all holidays and family events.  HATE IT!  My in-laws are uneducated, close-minded, unhygenic, mubblers that have nothing intelligent or interesting to say!  I cannot tolerate my dh's siblings.  They are soooo rude and overbearing.  And there are so many kids that run around screaming that you can't hear yourself think, which is fine for that family seeing as they have troubles creating intelligable thoughts! 

I dread the holidays, but I do it for my dh.  I go and I sit through the bullshit for him..  I put up with so much crap - for him!    

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Nope. I love SO's parents. I kind of want to go see them.

Freela
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I pretty much dread every event that I have to spend with my ILs. Luckily there is nothing much coming up. I am eternally thankful that we don't celebrate the same holidays so I don't have to invite them for Christmas, Easter, etc.

Clowns1Love09
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:35 PM

its not my in laws im avoiding its my own family i dont like. well not all my family just my mothers side.. so we are spending easter at the in laws

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Nope, next family event will be to bury an in law:'(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:38 PM

The ex-in laws are coming into town to see the kids. I am so not wanting to see them as they blame me for the divorce.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Have a family event coming up that you're dreading because you cannot STAND your in-laws? Tell us about it!

arguing

lilbit53009
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:46 PM

no...we're going to my MIL's for easter and i'm actually excited to see her cause she lives out of state

countrymomma81
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:47 PM

No. My BIL and his wife aren't coming to MIL's for Easter so we have no worries. If they were it would be a miserable day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)