Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Abortion doctor's house of horrors. *trigger*

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:12 PM
  • 105 Replies

Finally something pro-lifers and pro-choicers can come together and agree on. This is just wrong and disturbing on so many levels.

Anybody else following this trial?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/19/us/philadelphia-abortion-doctors-murder-trial-opens.html?_r=0

Short version:

Abortion doctor in philly illegally performed late term abortion, up to and past 30 weeks. BUT, he delivered them ALIVE (sometimes viable without medical intervention) and plunged scissors into thier necks to "snip" the spinal cord.

None of his employees or medical assistance were trained. He hired them off the street. His wife helped him with sunday abortions. 2 of his abortion assistants were a 15 year old high school student, and a 6th grade drop out that moved in with him. They made $10 an hour, plus a $20 bonus for late term abortions done on Saturdays.  They said they did it because they were desperate for the money

He stored fetal remains around the clinic. Including 20-30 jars containing only their feet.

After severing the spinal cord of a live 30+ week baby, he jokes that the baby was so large, it could have walked to the bus stop on its on.

PHILADELPHIA — A medical assistant told a jury Tuesday that she snipped the spines of at least 10 babies during unorthodox abortions at a West Philadelphia clinic, at the direction of the clinic's owner. And she said Dr. Kermit Gosnell and another employee did the same to terminate pregnancies. Adrienne Moton's testimony came in the capital murder trial of Gosnell, who owned the clinic and is on trial in the deaths of a patient and seven babies. Prosecutors accuse him of killing late-term, viable babies after they were delivered alive, in violation of state abortion laws. Gosnell's lawyer disputes that any babies were born alive and challenges the gestational age of the aborted fetuses. Moton, the first employee to testify, sobbed as she recalled taking a cellphone photograph of one baby left in her work area in 2008. She thought he could have survived, given his size and pinkish color. She had measured him at nearly 30 weeks. Gosnell later joked that the baby was so big he could have walked to the bus stop, she said.

He overdosed a 41 year old patient, killing her during her 19 week abortion.

His attorney is claiming a "prosecutionatory lynching", claiming the prosecutor is just racist. An "elitist racist prosecution".

So many things are just disturbing....

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aebrewton
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this
This makes me sick to my stomach!!! I hope he burns in hell!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:14 PM

..wow

jesistar6910
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:15 PM
That's horrible.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jj4ij
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Great City I live in......  *sigh*.  So glad I am moving out of here......  Come on April.....  I wanna get out of philly!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Kill him
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I've read about him before.  You should see the pictures of the clinic that he used - absolutely horrific.

lovemyhoney19
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
What in the fuck of all fucks is going in this world?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Djinn83
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:18 PM

OMG, I googled it. I didn't know hey had released the pictures of the baby feet in jars! Puke. I'm going to lose sleep over this.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've read about him before.  You should see the pictures of the clinic that he used - absolutely horrific.

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

Djinn83
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)