Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"they are supposed to follow protocol!!!" cps related, long

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
2 moms liked this

i saw someone say that in another post about what cps should do, saying that they are supposed to do this this and this and it cant be any other way!!

well heres my story with cps

after my step mom left when i was 8 my dad started beating me, getting mad at me for no reason, a couple months after my step mom left i was doing my homework and my pencil kept breaking so i kept going to sharpen it...my dad got fed up sharpened a fist full and shoved me down the hall way all the pencils ended up in my throat, and one of the tips even broke off(i still have a grey mark to this day 12 years later) my dad told me to never say a word about it, and because i was only 8 and just wanted my dad to pay attention to me i never said a word, it got worse and worse until i hit puberty and shot 3 inches shorter then my dad.

jump to 6th grade i was almost 11, i made my first friend EVER and i started going to church with her, well they had a halloween thing(after i had turned 11) and me my friend and 4 friends from the church started trick or treating where the big houses were (giant candies, only reason we went up there) well i didnt know the name of the street we were on i knew how to get back to the church i just didnt know the name of the street. my dad calls asks where i was, i said up the street, he asked what the street name was and i said idk, so he starts getting pissed off i told him i'll be there in a second and me and my friends started walking back to the church, my friend that i started going to church for said "if you dad starts getting physical get out of the car and come back here and my grandparents will deal with everything" so i had that in my mind the entire time we walked back. get to the church my dads waiting right there, say bye to my friend and i get in the car, as soon as we're out of sight from everyone he starts yelling at me "your a fucking dumbass you know that?" "you didnt even know what god damn street you we're on youre a fucking idiot" and then he started shoving me while diriving in the car, so i tried getting out to run back to the church, he locked the door, put the child lock on it, punched me in the back of the head and made me slam my face into the glass.again because all i wanted was my dad to pay attention to me i never said a word....

again it started getting bad, he actually started shoving me off my chair at dinner if i said something wrong(the wall beside the dinner table has barbed wire art so it wasnt the most pleasent thing to be shoved into that). now go to 8th grade i have a bunch of friends and me and one of my friends we're sitting on the stairs down to the feild eating our breakfast, a teacher comes out and tells us he's going to call our parents....great. so i call my dad and he's pissed off at me, tells me he's going to beat me when i get picked up, so i started to cry hung up the phone and handed it back to the teacher and walked to my first class, that teacher asked me what was wrong and i told her everything, i couldnt hold it in anymore.she called cps and told me they would be there after school to talk to me, so im sitting in the office waiting for this cps worker with another one of my friends, the worker walks in and tells me to go into the little room in the corner of the office so i can talk to her....i tell her everything that went on from the pencils to the halloween thing to what he said on the phone, she told me it was all my fault,that what i was doing was causing him to beat me like he was. the worker drove me home, a cop drove my friend home and my dad was waiting in the front of the house when the cps worker dropped me off, she went inside with a cop to look through the house,told my dad we had to go to counseling and he had to go to a parents only couseling, and that was it....he shoved me down the hallway after they left and took every single thing out of my bed room, i ended up getting it back after all the couseling(one session)

and it stopped, until i was 16, he started getting physical again i even went to the principal and showed him the hand print bruise on my arm from my dad, and because of what happened in junior high they did nothing, didnt call anyone or anything. go to the next year i met my now df, and we started dating, yeah yeah cute whatever, my dad got mad at me because the money he gave me for luch i spent on my bf so he would be able to drink something while walking home....he literally punched me in the face, broke my glasses shattered them completely, i had glass all over my face...i ran away to my df's house because i knew nothing was going to happen if i reported my dad again.

its been 3 years since i saw or talked to my dad, he's never met my ds (who is almost 2) and even now at 21 i despise how some cps workers handle things, when people say they did nothing i just think "welcome to my world i lived it"

im sorry for spelling mistakes or grammatical errors im kinda upset today

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:08 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:19 PM

no one?

elliotmommytobe
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:23 PM
I know how you feel
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
leanntx
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:24 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm so sorry that happened to you. :-( The CPS worker should never have said that to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Quoting leanntx:

I'm so sorry that happened to you. :-( The CPS worker should never have said that to you.

its ok now since i dont have to see my dad anymore,but i just have a weird thing against all cps workers now

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Quoting elliotmommytobe:

I know how you feel

its not the best feeling...knowing that your own parent is hurting you and no one gives a damn :/

WickedWahine314
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I am so sorry that you had to experience what you did. I hope that you are able to get some health for yourself so that you can begin to heal. I hope you know its not your fault, he was an evil person. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Quoting WickedWahine314:

I am so sorry that you had to experience what you did. I hope that you are able to get some health for yourself so that you can begin to heal. I hope you know its not your fault, he was an evil person. 

im better about it now, its just when someone mentions cps i get this angry feeling and i just walk away....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:36 PM

You shouldn't judge us all for what that one did. It's a lot different now. It differs from state to state and some will do anything to protect "our" kids. I know I would.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting leanntx:

its ok now since i dont have to see my dad anymore,but i just have a weird thing against all cps workers now

DevonD83
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Unfortunately they drop the ball alot I'm sorry you grew up like that my childhood was pretty bad to
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)