Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

***EDIT Is making a child miss church an appropriate punishment?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
My son lied about his homework last night. We had a therapy evaluation (he's autistic) run late last night and he didn't complete his homework. I wrote a note to his teacher explaining (she's cool about stuff like that, things coming up and what not) and she called this morning. He had 20 minutes at the end of the day to start his homework and he chose not to. He left that part out yesterday. Then when he got home he started screaming at me that he missed his recess and had to finish his work. It seems wrong to take away church but I don't want to reward him for lying about homework and yelling and talking back. He's already lost computer time for the week and this is the only other consequence that I think would get through.

I didn't realize I cut out some of my post, stupid mobile. When I told him I wasn't at school with him and didn't know he had extra time he told me it was because I was at home sitting on my lazy butt and then how spit at his brother when he asked him a question.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Not quite sure if your being funny or not but missing chuch would not have been a punishment for me.  And just a thought...isn't church the place you should be if caught lying?

LawMom8308
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:50 PM

No way!!!! Don't do that. You know as well as I do that they teach children at church not to lie, and mind their parents, yada yada.... That is the foundation of your lifestyle. I wouldn't take that away because he might miss a message he needs to hear. I would just leave as soon as it was over and not let him have play time or chat time afterwards. slide

christina0607
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Wasn't he already punished by not going to recess?

Sometimes you just need to move on.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Um no that's what most kids would like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Depends, I have stopped my children from doing Wed nights because of grades but our Wed night for kids is very little lesson and mostly fun games
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like a reward to me!
Sapphire.Tears
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Unless he is going to something fun like a youth group, I wouldn't bother. He already missed recess.  Just ground him, take away his electronics, etc.  if you REALLY feel missing recess wasnt enough of a punishment.

HyrulianHeroine
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:54 PM

depends if he loves his church time, if he hates to miss then feel free, your the mama :), for the screaming and for the lying cut out the power in his room lol

My dad did that to me and i could have died, theirs some days you forget and try to sneak t.v. on or charge your phone, but then there's that slap in the face that your parent turned your bedroom into amish living :(!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:55 PM

i would have been happy to miss church as a punishment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:09 PM
LOL, no I'm being serious. He loves going. On Wednesday night we have fellowship dinner and then children's class.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not quite sure if your being funny or not but missing chuch would not have been a punishment for me.  And just a thought...isn't church the place you should be if caught lying?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured