Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just set up DH's vasectomy consultation...now I'm feeling guilty. Can you tell my your vasectomy stories?

Posted by   + Show Post

We're pregnant with our last child, this is my fourth and his fifth child. He offered to get a vasectomy months ago and I agreed. Yet, since then any time I brought up the vasectomy he didn't want to talk about it, so I figuredhe was having some second thoughts and had changed his mind, so I suggested that I do the essure procedure and he strongly disagreed saying that even though essure isn't a surgery it is still more physically invasive than him getting the vasectomy. He asked me to go ahead and set up the appointment to meet with the doctor and so I did. Now, I feel...guilty. I don't know how to explain it or why I feel this way. He's the one who suggested a vasectomy and argued for it...but I feel like I'm forcing him.

Have any of you felt this way? Did your man freak out about having a vasectomy?

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
My ex got his done after his 5th child. Then a couple days later one of his kids jumped on him and accidentally kicked him in that spot. Dropped my ex for 40 minutes. He was crying so hard.
I'd recommend keeping the kids off of him.
cmabbott
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:13 PM

DH was with me when my OB asked about birth control after DD was born (while I was still pregnant).  He explained to DH the risks and benefits for both a hysterectomy and vasectomy.  DH immediately offered up himself saying he'd get the vasectomy- why?  Because he didn't need me to be a "total bitch going through more horomone changes" since we "just had 9 months of that." lol.  While he was somewhat joking about worrying about me going through hormone therapy, etc...  He started having testicular pain, he ignored it for MONTHS.  I finally convinced him to see our PCP, who immediately ordered him a testicular ultrasound, and referred him to a urologist.  He ended up having varicoceles (Vericose veins in the scrotum), which needed to be removed asap, so he had the vasectomy done at the same time.  He is happy with his choice, although I would have prefered he took my advice and saw another Dr for his surgery.  His doctor did an open surgery which caused prolonged healing times, when I wanted him to see someone else for a laparoscopic surgery...  He still has pain every now and again if he doesn't wear boxer briefs.

JanineDeer
by Janine on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:14 PM

OH my gosh DO NOT feel guilty- it is SO so easy for a man to get snipped!   You have a LOT of kids... you really don't need to feel bad or guilty......it is very very easy procedure for him to get and will take a load off his mind... namely, having to worry about more mouths to feed.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:15 PM

My Brother was mentioning he has to get testosterone injections now. His was done about 6 months ago.

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:15 PM
It was truley FASCINATING!!!! And OMG!!! I will not tell you the funniest shit I got ro witness but just watching 5 guys mess with my sos balls while.. can't tell you that part... was utterly hilarious. I laughed so much!!!! The guys said they rarely get wifes..etc that want to watch let alone cheer them on inflicting pain. Lmfao

Quoting MamaMoopsie:

I want to watch. lol, that sounds horrible, but I seriously want to. He's seen 3 (soon to be 4) babies come out of me. I think being allowed to watch his vasectomy is fair trade!

Quoting cLanief:

My so had his done. He said he was planning on getting one when we met... over two years ago! Lol. I just pushed him a smidge in that direction... especially after we had an ahhsonofafuckingbitch moment. I feel no guilt. He wanted it done but he's a Huge procrastinator and we have 5 kids between us (none together) we REALLY don't want anymore. He was sore for almost two weeks but that's cuz he's a huge baby and because he wasn't taking it easy like the docs said.
I watched the whole thing. Funniest shit I have ever seen lol.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

OP--my DH said he was HAPPY to get snipped, since I had HORRIBLE pregnancies, last 3 were c-sections and our 3rd baby almost died and baby #5 was a VERY HIGH-RISK pregnancy for me. He got it done on a Friday so he could recouperate over the weekend before going back to work on Monday. He came home from getting his vas--he had a local anesthetic--general anesthesia makes him puke--he asked me if I wanted to go out to dinner! I was like--did you get it done? He was like YEP! He said it was only mildly uncomfortable 'down there.' He has had zero negative side effects! In fact, he falls into the approximately 35% of men who get vasectomies and end up having stronger, better orgasms than before their vasectomy!! It is a HUGE turn-on to watch him when he cums!! He has to put the pillow over his face when our kids are home, b/c it feels so good, that he makes a lot of noise!! ROFL!! ROFL!! NOT that he didn't have good orgasms before the vas, but he said they are just even BETTER now!! Needless to say, my DH is a VERY, VERY HAPPY MAN!!

MamaMoopsie
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Definitely good advice!

Quoting Anonymous:

My ex got his done after his 5th child. Then a couple days later one of his kids jumped on him and accidentally kicked him in that spot. Dropped my ex for 40 minutes. He was crying so hard.
I'd recommend keeping the kids off of him.

WatchmansMoon
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:28 PM

My husband was FINE, and it's less invasive and safer for hubby than wife.  (But talk to your doctor if you're uncertain about that.) Think of it as an opportunity for you to pamper and baby him while he's recovering, and if he's wanting it done, don't feel guilty!  He knows it's easier on him than you.  Think of all the favorite things he loves and treat him to each of them  :) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I, literally, almost died bearing his child. I could give a fuck if he was freaked out. I was pretty freaked out, laying in a bed for months, with tubes and shit going in and coming out of me. However, he was more than happy to do it because he is not a pussy. Men who "freak" about this are lame as shit. Especially with a wife who bore five kids. STFU and get you balls snipped.

model1000mom
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I wish DH would have done the Big V instead I opted for the Tubal while I was already in the hospital having our son via emergency c.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)