Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I envy married people

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I've had 4 boyfriends, 2 kids, none proposed. I'm 32 and hate my life. Married people are all rich with their fancy cars and fancy homes and look down on us single mothers trying to get by, PA or not. They will never know what it's like to be poor and alone. Ya'll have your men to hold, I have a pillow. I have my own single woman ring pretending I'm taken, like I have an imaginary husband. I haven't had sex with anyone in the past 7 years just my hand. I hate dildos not the same like a real penis on a real man's body. Only make $10 an hour live cooped up in a one bedroom apartment, I flunked college particlayr in alegbra. I owe $700 to the college I had to file bankruptcy or loose my kids. I fucking hate this!

Oh well, go back to your rich husbands 500,000 dollar home 40,0000 cars/trucks/suvs. Spit on us like most of you do! You pity us when you see us out in the street with our kids not looking like a clown with makeup, we have racoon eyes we work hard to provide the best we can, we don't get the opportunity to be SAHMs and live off husbands' money.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Replies (21-30):
LavenderMom23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:51 PM
2 moms liked this
When you desire marriage it can be really hard to be single. So take action. Work on making yourself a great person with hobbies and persue a career. Be the changes you want in your life. Show your kids that you can be happy and fulfilled, that will be highly attractive to a potential husband
best of all you didn't have to sit in sadness
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
937mrsweaver
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:53 PM

and u think  being married will fix all this honey?

uh no!

im happily married to a wonderful man but we arent rich! we both have great jobs but not rich

LovingSAHMommy
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Any of us married could end up single in a heartbeat. You never know what could happen. And you could end up married in a few years. No reason to accept defeat now.

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Let  me add that EVERYONE struggles in some form or fashion, whether they're married or single. Life isn't always moonlight and roses for us "rich" married people living in our "fancy houses". Wallowing in your self- pity and bitterness doesn't make you very attractive to a potential mate.

GagaNTattooS
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Honey. I started off as a single moment on PA. I got married when my son was 5 it was ruff and still is. We are middle class we have a nice home nothing fancy and we have a Kia.that we share....we are not rich. I get it i have been there but you have to work on you first. You can't love someone till you love you. I got a good job while i was single and set me and my son up then met my husband. You can do it.. Women especially mothers are some of the strongest people. It won't be easy but nothing that is truly worth it ever is easy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM
I didn't just get married the second I graduated hs. I know exactly what it's like to be poor and alone. I know what it's like to be married and struggle. And every once in a while, I would rather hold a pillow than a man. Ok, not every once in a while...more like once a day.
EvilAsh
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM

LOL. Rich? REALLY? We live paycheck to paycheck with no spending cash whatsoever. We have a crappy 3 bedroom apartment and one car that needs fixing every few months.

Yes, sure, we have each other, but no one's life is perfect. We have been through more than most couples can even imagine going through.

Why does failing college have anything to do with being married? I don't get the connection. Or having to file bankruptcy to keep your kids.

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldnt be envious
Many married couples are barely making it, then you have the others who arent happy and walk around like robots and you also have some who are just married for the money and still arent happy.

There are really only few marriages that are living happily and in true love for the person and not for the security.
Heck, most of them wouldnt be able to live the way they do if it werent for their husbands. Some are in denial that their marriage is not really happy. And you have some who think their marriage is all great and dandy and think they have no issues and their husbands arent telling them the truth that there is. Hes unhappy, he doesnt want to be with her, he wants her to finally get a job, her cooking really sucks but he eats it anyway or he will starve. Lol

You read these stories in here on a daily basis, how she thought it was all great and he thought different. He wants out. He finally got the balls to tell her. Or, hes cheating and she had no clue.

Never be envious of another, you dont know whats going on behind their doors and you may actually have it better.
; )
Cheer up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:59 PM
I'm married... We are not rich.. We have a beautiful lake house.. Thanks to my parents. Not something we accomplished.... Yet.

We are 26 and 28.

The grass is usually only greener on the other side because its fertilized with bull shit.
tifbrown
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

There are lots of successful single people. Don't blame your life on the fact that you are not married. Yes life is hard and challenging, but your life is a result of the choices you have made. If you don't like your current situation, change it. Slowly but surely you can change your life and be where you want to be. It is hard work to be successful in anything, whether it be school, career, marriage, even being a parent. It all takes hard work to succeed at it, it's whether or not you are ready and willing. Smile and count the blessings in your life. Make some changes momma, you can do it. Good luck :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)