Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I envy married people

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I've had 4 boyfriends, 2 kids, none proposed. I'm 32 and hate my life. Married people are all rich with their fancy cars and fancy homes and look down on us single mothers trying to get by, PA or not. They will never know what it's like to be poor and alone. Ya'll have your men to hold, I have a pillow. I have my own single woman ring pretending I'm taken, like I have an imaginary husband. I haven't had sex with anyone in the past 7 years just my hand. I hate dildos not the same like a real penis on a real man's body. Only make $10 an hour live cooped up in a one bedroom apartment, I flunked college particlayr in alegbra. I owe $700 to the college I had to file bankruptcy or loose my kids. I fucking hate this!

Oh well, go back to your rich husbands 500,000 dollar home 40,0000 cars/trucks/suvs. Spit on us like most of you do! You pity us when you see us out in the street with our kids not looking like a clown with makeup, we have racoon eyes we work hard to provide the best we can, we don't get the opportunity to be SAHMs and live off husbands' money.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Replies (211-220):
RightSock
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Has the OP even responded to this post?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 55 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Oh god. You are 32. Your life isn't over. And it's not all bells and whistles. I'm not rich. I'm not on pa. I have 4 kids and a husband who is very difficult,
iHEAVENn
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:06 PM

We've been married for almost 6 years and are just barely starting to talk about buying a house of our own... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 56 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Your life doesn't suck because you aren't married. It sucks because you made irresponsible decisions. Being married wouldn't suddenly solve all of your problems. Married people can financially struggle just as much as you. And not all married people have sex either. Take the fake ring off, and go get laid, with protection of course, and stop having kids with men that aren't willing to provide for them.

RobsPrincess24
by ThePrincess on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I'm not rich and don't have fancy cars or a fancy house. I don't look down on single mothers trying to get by. I however don't think you should be popping out kids when you don't have the means to take care of yourself and the kids. I grew up poor, but my parents did the best they could to keep that fact from us kids. I have had financial struggles and still continue to. DH and I have considered bankruptcy before. Getting married doesn't solve that problem. I don't think it solves any problem.

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:15 PM

You delcared bankruptcy for $700? 

and all married people are rich huh?  I better get married ASAP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 57 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I hate to tell you. I am married and we are not rich or have a fancy house or have fancy car. We are struggling to make ends meet as well!! We have bills that we struggle to pay. We fight with each other. My husband is the only that can work cause our child is disabled and we can't afford a daycare amount. If I worked my paycheck would just take care of the daycare bill. My husband and I don't cuddle or hold each other while we sleep! We would never sleep!! We live in an apartment. We both have college educations and student loans we are paying off. Life isn't easy! It sucks most of the time but you make do with what you got.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 58 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I'm so sorry that you hate your life.  I'm married and although my husband and I love each other very much, it's not perfect and it's not a fantasy life.  We both work hard and don't have a fancy house or fancy cars, but we are content with the things we do have.  By the way, I don't look down on single moms at all.  Honestly, I don't know how single moms do it because I feel like a complete failure at times and I have someone there to help me.  I think single moms (and single dads) are some of the strongest people out there.

If you're always comparing what you have, or don't have, to what others have you're never going to be happy.  You never know what others are going through either.  Some people may appear to have the perfect life from the outside, but on the inside they may be struggling with relationships, illness, addictions, abuse or financial problems that you have no idea about.  No matter what you think, someone always has it worse than you.  (I could give you a LOT of real examples.)

If you're interested in meeting someone, it's going to be hard if you're focusing on everything that's wrong with your life.  Think about it ... would you want a man that complains about everything all the time or would you want a man that decides to take charge of his life and tries to change it for the better.  Stop focusing on the negatives and thinking of yourself as a vicitim and try thinking of the positive things in your life more often - like what awesome kids you've been  blessed with.  What's already happened is done and in the past.  You need to acccept responsibility for choices you've made, stop feeling sorry for yourself and move on.  You can take this time in your life to reflect and let it make you stronger, or you can choose to let it destroy you and continue to be unhappy.  Either way, it's your CHOICE.

By the way, married or not, nobody should ever depend on somebody else to make them happy.  Happiness comes from within yourself.  Finish your pitty party and get on with your life!  You're kids deserve a good role model.

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Im sorry you are in the state of mind you are in right now...

But I assure you marriage is not all its cracked up to be.  The grass isn't always greener.  

Sometimes I wish I could star fish at night alone on my bed.  Instead I get to lay next to a big smelly guy that I swear is half skunk, he farts a lot and sometimes I wanna kill him.  

Just saying.... 

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Not every marriage is picture perfect. The life that you consider so awful is probably better than many marriages. I'd rather be single than be married to the wrong man.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)