Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another baby???????? HELP!!! WWYD

I'm 21 and married.. We have a 6 year old little boy. My husband works and I'm in college for nursing. I have about 2 years left ( not soon enough! lol)... My husband and little one want another baby. At first I said no I want to finish school. The more I think about it though I don't want my first child and second child way too far apart.So I decided ok lets have another baby.. Well no luck so far. I was talking to my dad today and he said he woyuld be disappointed if i didn't finish school and have a job first.. WHAT DO I DO???? If you were in my shoes would you go ahead and have another baby or wait?
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Replies (61-70):
smurfy88
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm 24 and have a 5 year old me and my fiancé decided to start ttc. My grandpa has told me to that I don't need another baby and blah blah blah, but I just ignore him. It's no one else's business!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
youngmom022007
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:18 PM
I have thought about switching majors!

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

I hate to say wait, but if your son is in school already it's going to be so much easier for you to finish now than if you have a new baby. 

The only other thing I can think of is... switch your major and transfer to an online school... then you can do both. 

NewMamaBoo
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Do what you really feel is best... Good luck

Yellowlily333
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I would go for it!

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:19 PM

If *I* was in the situation, as long as I had the financial and emotional means to care for another baby, I would go ahead and have one. BUT nursing school is very difficult and demanding, is it absolutely a necessity to your family that you finish in two years? Because it will be very hard to stay on schedule with a pregnancy and newborn. You'll have to worry about daycare and everything else. But if graduating asap isn't that much of a necessity financially, then you'll be ok.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:20 PM

FINISH SCHOOL FIRST.

proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Its really not your dads decision to make. So its up to you and your husband.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:21 PM

It all depends on what you really want to do in the future! If you're not that dead set on nursing, then you can definitely consider it. I'll be graduating with my first degree soon, but I plan on having another baby and then going into an accelerated online program afterward for the same reason. 

Quoting youngmom022007:

I have thought about switching majors!

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

I hate to say wait, but if your son is in school already it's going to be so much easier for you to finish now than if you have a new baby. 

The only other thing I can think of is... switch your major and transfer to an online school... then you can do both. 

pamelakeller
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I would wait to get pregnant again.  Finish school, then try for a baby.  It is really hard to do clinicals, be on your feet, study, and take classes while pregnant at the same time.

JacksonGirl
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:23 PM
I would wait til I finished school because I don't think I could make it through clinicals and boards with an infant at home to care for.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured