Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Another baby???????? HELP!!! WWYD

I'm 21 and married.. We have a 6 year old little boy. My husband works and I'm in college for nursing. I have about 2 years left ( not soon enough! lol)... My husband and little one want another baby. At first I said no I want to finish school. The more I think about it though I don't want my first child and second child way too far apart.So I decided ok lets have another baby.. Well no luck so far. I was talking to my dad today and he said he woyuld be disappointed if i didn't finish school and have a job first.. WHAT DO I DO???? If you were in my shoes would you go ahead and have another baby or wait?
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Replies (71-80):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I would wait, but that is just me...having an extra child right now could put off your schooling...and there is already going to be a big age difference anyway...your still young, so I don't think waiting 2 extra years would hurt...but that is just me. If you all can afford it and you really want another child though then go for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:33 PM

First of all, I'd properly protect the one you have now and get him a high back booster.

Nursing school is hard, can you really keep up with it while pregnant, and with a newborn?

youngmom022007
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:14 PM
He was 4 in that picture and he had a high back booster, it was left in his dad's car and he had a ball game so I used an extra.... He is now 6 and properly protected :)

Quoting Anonymous:

First of all, I'd properly protect the one you have now and get him a high back booster.

Nursing school is hard, can you really keep up with it while pregnant, and with a newborn?

3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think your dad has a say in when you and yoyr husband have another baby. But if it was me and my husband we would wait the 2 years.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dreamly
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Get through school. Don't mess up your life by dropping out
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:30 PM
I was in that situation. No hope of getting thru school anytime soon. No chance of quitting my job anytime soon. I already wasn't able to focus enough on school. So I put school off and had two more kids. Now my youngest is almost 1. I'm about 6-9mo from quitting my job. Then I can go back to school with no less distraction and less stress. For me it was a good choice. But it depends on the situation and what's important to you.
mvbullock
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I'd wait and finish school first.

Allisonc7910
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Quoting youngmom022007:

I was thinking working as a nurse and being pregnant would be harder than being pregnant and in school

Quoting Allisonc7910:

I wouldn't wait.  If you can afford it now and have the insurance why not, you can easily go to school and be pregnant.  Working as a nurse would be harder.

You would have more time with baby than working 12 hour shifts.  I would do it in the window I was in school just for that extra time. Working full time with a baby is hard too!

Allisonc7910
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Pregnancy isn't a disability.  Plus working as a nurse pregnant would be harder in my opinion. I was in college pregnant and right after I had my baby.  It wasn't hard at all going to school pregnant, but after she was born it was a little harder.  I am glad I only had a semester after she was born, and I also had help from family while I went to class. So really its AFTER that you need to have a game plan set up like daycare or family to help.

Quoting youngmom022007:

He was 4 in that picture and he had a high back booster, it was left in his dad's car and he had a ball game so I used an extra.... He is now 6 and properly protected :)

Quoting Anonymous:

youngmom022007
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Yes! Plenty of family help. Child care wouldn't be an issue..

Quoting Allisonc7910:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)