Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's a name you would have loved to use for your kid(s) but couldn't?

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:26 PM
  • 190 Replies

I would have loved to have named DS Forrest, but didn't cause I didn't want him getting teased. 

He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LACHESIS
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Kathryn. I loved it. But my Aunt from Hell is Kathleen.

ProudMomma1022
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Aiden or landon
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I was going to name my 6th child "Sydney" but the OJ Simpson killed Nicole brown and that young man and his DD was a Sydney so I switched to Shelby

Betty Boop Lets go to the disco.    Betty Jean Newell Smith

MommeeTo4
by &1more on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Joshua
Nixed that bc I had a bf in high school named Joshua.
TheDoctorsWife
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand why you didn't. I do like the Aiden names though

Quoting ProudMomma1022:

Aiden or landon

He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful

MommynMonster
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:30 PM

River Atreides

bcoll
by Brandi on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Marley, DH says no because we already have a Jacob, and not with my accent lol

Aleta775
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I was in love with the name Athena. I have always had a thing for Greek myths, and Athena has always been my favorite goddess. I ended up naming my dd something else when a good friend of ours had a dd and named her Athena. She had no idea that I liked that name too. It is all good though. I love my dd's name. It just took me a little while to find a new one.
2012Rabbit12
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Manuel. it was the name of my first sons father but my second sons father wouldnt let me name him that, even though it is his dads name too.

TheDoctorsWife
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I like Shelby!

Quoting Sassy762:

I was going to name my 6th child "Sydney" but the OJ Simpson killed Nicole brown and that young man and his DD was a Sydney so I switched to Shelby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured