Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i cant buy anything!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
My husband is so cheap! I'm 20 weeks along and I was out just browsing today and saw the cutest outfit for the baby. $10!!! I bought it. I showed my husband when he got home and he said that I'm wasting money.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Why are so many women married to control freaks?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:45 PM
2 moms liked this

i just dont get it....

really, this is the man you chose to marry and reproduce with.  

i feel sorry for your offspring

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Would he prefer that the baby be dressed in rags? Or does he expect you to dumpster dive for the stuff HIS baby will need?

bloomsr
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:48 PM
He needs to loosen up!! Talk to him about how much he thinks a baby costs vs. what you hope to buy. Check out Craigslist and second hand stores for great deals on nice baby things.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:54 PM
That's the thing. We have been buying clothes at a second hand store that is really nice. So he was saying for $10 we could get 5 outfits instead of 1.

Quoting bloomsr:

He needs to loosen up!! Talk to him about how much he thinks a baby costs vs. what you hope to buy. Check out Craigslist and second hand stores for great deals on nice baby things.

irvinehiker
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Sorry, maybe he had a bad day at work..

illinoismommy83
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:56 PM

If money is tight, $10 on a baby outfit to wear twice is a waste. I'm sure the baby would have preferred a cute outfit from a garage sale and $9 in a college fund.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Money isn't tight. We have an account specifically for the new baby with close to 10k in it. He is just cheap.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

If money is tight, $10 on a baby outfit to wear twice is a waste. I'm sure the baby would have preferred a cute outfit from a garage sale and $9 in a college fund.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I hear ya. my husband is the same way. he is cheap as hell. he hates spending money even when necessary. drives me crazy. I don't even ask him cuz if I do, he says no. if I just go and buy it he doesn't say anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured