Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Nanny using my hair products, what the hell!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies

We have a live-in nanny and she's been using our bathroom lately because we have to remodel hers completely. I've been noticing my stuff has been messed with but I brushed it off. 

Well then I started noticing that stuff went MISSING! I asked her about it and she said she said she's only been using the pantene shampoo and conditioner.

So last night I told her I'd be in her rooom tomorrow(today) to put some boxes in the attic*. She said okay so when I went in there to put them up I kept my eye out for my product and sure enough, there they were sitting right in the chair! There was leave in conditioner, some salt scrub, deep conditoning treatment, and both small bottles of my redken! 

I took them and put them back in my basket. I haven't said anything about it yet. I'm not sure what to say. I don't think I should fire her over bath products but I need her to know it's NOT okay to take mine. If she wants to use expensive stuff then she needs to buy it herself.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HerLadyGrey
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:59 PM
2 moms liked this

Say the last part of your post. That sounds okay.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:59 PM
13 moms liked this
Lol that's not expensive stuff and if you think it is you certainly don't have the money for a nanny and this is an obvious troll post.

Try harder next time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Yeah... Be her boss and put your foot down... Tell that hardy wench to leave your stuff be... Arrrrrgh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:01 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Roxygurl:

Lol that's not expensive stuff and if you think it is you certainly don't have the money for a nanny and this is an obvious troll post.

Try harder next time

No it is not a troll post. 

I know that's not the most expensive stuff but I have stuff in there that is 20 dollars for a small bottle. Considering there is a lot of stuff in my basket, it adds up! I have money for a nanny because we BUDGET for a nanny. I don't budget for her to be stealing my stuff.

2girlsandadream
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I would just mention it. If it happens again i would start looking for a new nanny.

I personally wouldnt mind them ising my hair products occasionally but there is no reason for them to be in her room.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Still not buying it honey and I AM a nanny.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Roxygurl:

Try harder next time

I know that's not the most expensive stuff but I have stuff in there that is 20 dollars for a small bottle. Considering there is a lot of stuff in my basket, it adds up! I have money for a nanny because we BUDGET for a nanny. I don't budget for her to be stealing my stuff.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:03 PM
That's not good IMO. As petty as I am sure it may be, she has stolen from you. It would take a lot for me to regain her trust.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Quoting 2girlsandadream:

I would just mention it. If it happens again i would start looking for a new nanny.

I personally wouldnt mind them ising my hair products occasionally but there is no reason for them to be in her room.

Exactly. I wasn't going to say anything when I noticed she had used them. It's the fact that she took them and on top of that, told me she was using jus the pantene.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Wow, good for you. 

I don't care.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Still not buying it honey and I AM a nanny.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Roxygurl:

Try harder next time

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Oh...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)