Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Nanny using my hair products, what the hell!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We have a live-in nanny and she's been using our bathroom lately because we have to remodel hers completely. I've been noticing my stuff has been messed with but I brushed it off. 

Well then I started noticing that stuff went MISSING! I asked her about it and she said she said she's only been using the pantene shampoo and conditioner.

So last night I told her I'd be in her rooom tomorrow(today) to put some boxes in the attic*. She said okay so when I went in there to put them up I kept my eye out for my product and sure enough, there they were sitting right in the chair! There was leave in conditioner, some salt scrub, deep conditoning treatment, and both small bottles of my redken! 

I took them and put them back in my basket. I haven't said anything about it yet. I'm not sure what to say. I don't think I should fire her over bath products but I need her to know it's NOT okay to take mine. If she wants to use expensive stuff then she needs to buy it herself.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Replies (11-20):
CeciliaMarie-
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:05 PM
That's the cheap stuff, stop complaining. If you were budgeting you wouldn't have a basket of things 20 dollars each. If you were budgeting you're spending you money on something far too vain. So say your basket has 10 things in it, that's 200 dollars. If you use them ALL regularly you're wasting money.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Hi! Former nanny. 

Depending on how you feel about her, I totally agree, it isn't something worth firing her over, but a talk to set boundries, while uncomfortable seems like it would be worthwhile and necessary.  

shadowsgrl09
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:05 PM

I would have her arrested and fire her.  Stealing is stealing and it is against the law.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Simple solution ... Put your "expensive" items away so they are not within reach.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Quoting CeciliaMarie-:

That's the cheap stuff, stop complaining. If you were budgeting you wouldn't have a basket of things 20 dollars each. If you were budgeting you're spending you money on something far too vain. So say your basket has 10 things in it, that's 200 dollars. If you use them ALL regularly you're wasting money.

How is what I spend on myself relevent at all?! I can afford to buy a bunch of stuff for my hair, face, and skin but it's for ME. It doesn't matter if I could afford millions of bottles. The fact is it is my things that she is taking without my persmisson. If she was using them every now and then I wouldn't care but to take the things and keep them in her room? No.

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:07 PM
And this is a reason why i watched my own kids and cleaned my house myself
Lol

Better keep checking for more stuff
Inwouldnt allow that. Not coming in my room
Id give her some time off to fix the bathroom so she doesnt come in my room
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

she may not see it as that at all!   Good God....   uh.... how about let her know that you dont want anyone using that stuff?!  She obviously doesnt think its a big deal if she knew she would be coming into her room and it was right there on the chair.    pfft......   just tell the poor girl before you take her job and home over some freaking shampoo!

Quoting TheMrs407:

That's not good IMO. As petty as I am sure it may be, she has stolen from you. It would take a lot for me to regain her trust.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Roxygurl:

Lol that's not expensive stuff and if you think it is you certainly don't have the money for a nanny and this is an obvious troll post.

Try harder next time

LMAO I was thinking the same, exact thing. If you can buy it all Walmart, it is not the expensive shit! lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I am not buying this post at all. Nice try though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not buying this post at all. Nice try though.

I don't see what's so hard to believe about my post. You people are seriously jaded by cafemom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)