Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What else can go wrong?

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM
  • 9 Replies
March first both my kids has surgery. My son had tubes my daughter had her tonsils and adenoids removed. First we found out the hard way she is allergic to hydrocodone. Then 3 days after surgery she gets a stomach bug and is puking. Well all got it. Me and our son the day after surgery and my daughter and husband the Monday after. Then we go for their recheck and find out she has a secondary infection. She is given another antibiotic. Well now it looks like she has strep on top of everything else. I feel so bad for her. We find out for sure tomorrow. Has anyone's kids gotten strep after getting their tonsils out?

I do have a question for moms whose kids have had tubes. We found out our insurance doesn't cover my sons ear plugs. Are the custom made ones worth the money they cost or are the other ones that are a whole lot cheaper worth it. This is my first experience with tubes so any advice is welcome. I need to know by 10:15 tomorrow morning.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Never used the custom ones ever. The cheaper ones work just as good IMO

SoInLove515
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:56 PM
I don't know : / but here's a BUMP! And a (((hug)))
critter_boo
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this
We just use the cheaper Ines and they were great. We get the earplugs that are bright orange putty that form to your ear and if fall out float
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:56 PM
No experience with tubes but here's a bump.

I'm sorry you're going through all this.

Never, ever ask what else can go wrong.
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Oh man,I totally feel for your daughter.I had my tonsils/adenoids removed a year ago and just the thought of vomiting that soon after surgery makes my throat hurt!and then everything else on top,poor thing!

LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:58 PM
I hope things get better!
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Never ask what else can go wrong. Life tends to say "challenge accepted" when you do that.

*Hugs* sorry all this has been going on.

kjsaes
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Honestly my daughter refused to leave them in. She's had 4 sets of ear tubes. After going around with the first set I gave up and didn't use them. From my research they are only necessary if its dirty water. I never bought customized ones. I bought these orange ones from walmart that form to their ears.
firemom5906
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Thanks ladies. I used that as the title trying to get people in here to help. Y'all know how that is. Thank y'all all so much. I just want to make sure I get the best ones for him. The last thing I want to mess with is my sons hearing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN