Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

17 and Trying to Conceive *ask me anything*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I know i'm throwing myself to the sharks. And no this isnt a troll.

Let me explain: My mother is turning 35, 3 days after I turn 18 (july) So she was a teen mom. And I had to mature quickly, since my mom was mostly out partying. I had to learn how to do thing for myself at a very young age.

However I WANT this kid. My fiance and I have had many discussions about this topic and we're ready.   Whether you believe it or not.

I bring home right under $1000/monthly and my fiance brings home around $800/monthly. Financially we're ready. We have a budget and we have plenty of $$ left over after paying our car insurance, rent, gas, grocery $ etc. So we're covered there. DF is looking for another job as well. We REFUSE to get any sort of PA. So dont worry there either.

My mom and I dont get along and I moved out at 16 (she didnt care)

As for maturity, I'm naturally really good with kids. And I was what I call, a un-biological mother. My ex- boyfriend and I got serious quick and I lived with him, his drug addict mother, his 12 year old sister and his 10 year old brother. And there was Josh. My exboyfriends, mothers, sisters kid (my ex's cousin) His mom didnt want anything to do with him. No one did. My ex's mom sure as hell didnt. She just stayed in her room stuffing her face with my ex's oxycontin for his chronic back pain, living off of child support, and food stamps. Not giving a shit about anything except getting high.  Josh was 4 months old when i moved in. I felt the need to take care of him since he basically was growing up in his pak-n-play. So everyone in the house considered me, his mom. I sold my shit and saved the money to buy food for Josh (the food stamps were strictly for her) I bathed him, bought him clothes, did nightly routines and put him to bed, played with him, taught him, the whole shabang. Josh was my kid. When josh was 17 months old, my ex-bf and I broke up and I had to move out. His mom refused to let me take Josh and wouldnt let me care for him or see him any longer.. I still miss him and greive over him. I have no idea what sort of enviroment he's in and it eats me alive.. I feel like I abonded him. I should have done more to try and keep him... But back to the point, I learned a lot from that experience. How much kids mean, how special they are in every sense, how they are difficult  but so very worth it, And much more....

My DF is amazing with kids and we're ready. You wont change my mind.

Ask me anything!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Replies (721-722):
giovanna1005
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:29 AM
I would call social services on her and tell them I will take care of the kid but you probably have to show your financially stable & say what you have seen this woman is addicted to pain meds she can die any minute wow your a womderful person if you care you willl go and save this baby
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:36 AM

My only question...Where is your brain?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured