Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Monogamy. A rarity.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
I was adopted from birth by a family who has been old fashioned & has good morals. I was raised to have manners and morals. I saw faithfulness in not only my parents, but my siblings as well. I was adopted at such an age where my siblings where 14yrs older than me and up. "cheating" was a term I only knew was used in school. "cheating on the test" or "cheating at playing a game". Needless to say, I was raised monogamous.

I've known cheaters. I've dated cheaters. and honestly I cannot understand it. I cannot even imagine laying with another man than my DH or SO (ever!) the thought of it was enough to make me vomit when a friend even suggested I cheat on my cheating SO years ago. I'm loyal to the end.

My point of this post, how do you justify cheating? Why do people cheat and how can they without a second thought? I don't understand it...

my DH admires me for my true loyalty. and is glad he doesn't have to worry with me. I love him and trust him as well, but also due to my past, I (still) fear him cheating on me. even though he has never once given me reason to think such of him.

DH is currently in jail and may be there for 1yr or less.
would you cheat? why?

a friend once told me if her SO or DH went to jail or prison, damn right she'd cheat. her excuse was "its not my fault he's there, why deprive myself of my needs"

would you feel the same?

I'd like to be clear, I'm not thinking about cheating on DH. EVER. I just want to understand others opinions on this subject.

have you ever cheated? why?
ever thought of cheating? why?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:37 AM

I never have cheated, I would never cheat. I respect and love SO to much to allow that to happen. yes, I have been in situations where there was an opportunity to cheat and chose to walk away.

No, I have never even entertained the idea of cheating.

Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:38 AM
1 mom liked this

For better or worse. I took my vows seriously.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I do not understand cheating.

Why is your DH in jail?

If my DH ever did something so irresponsible to end up in jail than he absolutely shattered my trust. I do not know if I could move passed that. Luckily he is law abiding and responsible.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bcoll
by Brandi on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:41 AM

I married my best friend, and have never entertained the thought of giving that up. Respect is huge to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:32 AM
long story short, an ex was jealous he got married & moved on so she accused him of something serious yet impossible. being 500 miles away, 30 days after the supposed "incident" occurred. and reported it 7 months after the supposed incident too. None of it makes sense. he didn't do anything wrong. he left her because she broke up with him & moved back to his home state. met me, married me & moved on.

Quoting KristenFowles:

Why is your DH in jail?

If my DH ever did something so irresponsible to end up in jail than he absolutely shattered my trust. I do not know if I could move passed that. Luckily he is law abiding and responsible.

shamillionaire
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Weird...

Quoting Anonymous:

long story short, an ex was jealous he got married & moved on so she accused him of something serious yet impossible. being 500 miles away, 30 days after the supposed "incident" occurred. and reported it 7 months after the supposed incident too. None of it makes sense. he didn't do anything wrong. he left her because she broke up with him & moved back to his home state. met me, married me & moved on.

Quoting KristenFowles:

Why is your DH in jail?

valeriesmom1112
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:35 AM
1 mom liked this
This is how I feel about marriage.
Im not married yet but I hope to one day and i cant ever thinking of cheating on my bf. I will never understand how someone can break their vows. Dont say them, if you don't intend to keep them

Quoting Uzma_mom_of_2:

For better or worse. I took my vows seriously.

jeweldragons
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:36 AM
1 mom liked this

No adultery goes against our personal and religious morals.

I told my husband if he ever cheated on me I'd slit his throat in his sleep.

No the thought has never crossed my mind.  I value my marriage.

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I would never cheat on my husband. I find other men attractive, but the thought of actually doing anything with anyone but my husband is weird to me. He was overseas for a year, I never once had a desire to get anything somewhere else. I don't get it either.
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:41 AM
1 mom liked this

No, if I was at the point I was actually considering cheating I would just end the relationship (if it couldn't be fixed).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)