Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can she stop them from living together? custody issue

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:01 AM
  • 14 Replies

Ok so this guy is a friend of DHs and Im sick of him.  He has no idea how to just BE. He has to be **** &****.  He is honestly 2 maybe 3 months into a divorce.  He has since found a gf and wants to move in with her.  He wants to build onto her house to make room for his children.  He was keeping this all from his ex.  ONE DAY his ex shows up at his new gfs work causing a scene about she doesnt REALLY know him and that she hope he uses her for all she has because shes a dumb b!8@#.  I guess these two idiots thought they would never be found on FB.  So the ex has said shes isnt going to let her DD go over there because she doesnt want her around and being cared for someone who isnt going to be permanent in her life.  So he came to DH whining about how DARE she and WHO does she think she is.  *Well stupid shes your DDs mother, and I FOR ONCE, agree with her*.

His ex and I have never been friends.   Shes scum.  But this is one thing that we agree upon. Can she go to court and ask that he not be allowed to bring EVERY girlfriend into their DDs life until its serious?

*the friends argument to me saying that I agree with her is that SHE is doing the same thing*SMDH

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Yes she can get that written into a custody agreement.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:03 AM

She can request no over night visitors of the oppsoite sex while he has custody of the children. He can request the same for her.

horseap
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:04 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Can he then ask the same apply to her?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Yes. Usually it'll say that it goes for both parties unless they're married.

Quoting horseap:

Quoting Anonymous:

Can he then ask the same apply to her?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:09 AM

It's very unlikely that she'll be able to do that.

DH went through something similar, his daughter's mother has had 11 different guys living with her (that we know of) over the last 10 years. DH now has full custody, so it's less of an issue. But, the fact that she had so many men around SD wasn't part of him getting custody.

Hell, even when she was married she would kick the husband out and move a boyfriend in, then switch back to the husband...  

horseap
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:09 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

She can request no over night visitors of the oppsoite sex while he has custody of the children. He can request the same for her.

Were talking he works 2-11 and is there every minute hes not at work.  He has to work one of the days he has her and his new GF is watching her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:10 AM

I don't think the ex can keep him from having her watch the kid, just can't keep her from staying the night while the kid is there.

Quoting horseap:

Quoting Anonymous:

Were talking he works 2-11 and is there every minute hes not at work.  He has to work one of the days he has her and his new GF is watching her.

horseap
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:13 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

It's very unlikely that she'll be able to do that.

DH went through something similar, his daughter's mother has had 11 different guys living with her (that we know of) over the last 10 years. DH now has full custody, so it's less of an issue. But, the fact that she had so many men around SD wasn't part of him getting custody.

Hell, even when she was married she would kick the husband out and move a boyfriend in, then switch back to the husband...  

The divorce isnt even final yet.  Part of me wonders HOW MUCH of this is him pushing his STB ex wifes buttons.  She cant say they are her room mates and cant afford to live alone, she gets almost 2 grand in CS a month *she has 5 kids/3 different fathers... Shes a real winner

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:14 AM

Yes she can.  Most states will not allow unmarried opposite sex over night visitors or "house mates" to be around the kids.   Some states even require that the parent and their SO be married for at the very least a year before they will award overnights.  

miss.muffet
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:16 AM
She can but he can do the same to her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)