Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm done, goodbye.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
5 moms liked this

It's been almost 20 years, and you've been there for me whenever I wanted you. Through all of my ups and downs, highs and lows. Some of my friends and family have never approved of you, but that never stopped me. They would list off the reasons, and I would shut my ears to them, defend my choice to have you. The fact that I love you, you made me feel good, you made my days easier and the stress of life lighter. You just felt so right, you were always so good. Sure, you were noticeably absent during my pregnancies, but you always came back to me. I always wanted you back.

Well I'm done. I can't take it anymore. You're toxic. They were all right all along, I should have listened to them so long ago - Practically from the first time I held you. But no, I wasn't ready then. I couldn't give you up. This hurts me, I know I will miss you. I know I will want you. I know I will have to fight the urge to welcome you back. But I will be strong. For myself, for my kids, for those that love me. I am done with you. No longer will I let you drag me down, make me an outcast among my peers. No longer will I suffer the snide remarks or judgmental glares. I will not make my loved ones suffer watching me with you.

How can I expect better for my children if this is the example I set?

I look forward to the day that I can put you well and truely behind me. When I no longer smell you on my clothes, when I don't reach for your comfort. I don't know how long this will take, but I WILL make it through this. I have enjoyed my time with you, but we are through. Goodbye nicotine, I'm done letting you kill me slowly. I finished my final pack today, and I am done.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
20Keller12
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:28 AM
3 moms liked this
HOORAY!!!!!!! STAY STRONG MAMMA!!!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:31 AM
Well written!! You can do this mama!! Take it one craving at a time.
handy0318
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:31 AM

woohoo Good for you!!!  If you ever hit a bump where you're really being tempted, let me know and I'll try to keep you encouraged!

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:31 AM
Woot !
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:44 AM

He was there? Or was that a typo? Why is he toxic? I wish you good luck but I think I missed something...

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:48 AM

good luck !!!!

Sapphire.Tears
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:54 AM
1 mom liked this

You can do it! I quit smoking just a couple of weeks ago.  :)

btw - the title totally made me think this was going to be one of those 'you were mean to me and i'm leaving cafemom' posts. LOL

Dreamly
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:54 AM
Good luck!
NBean311
by Chivette on Mar. 21, 2013 at 5:00 AM

Good job! Stay strong. 

You will feel a little better every single day. 

SAMI_JO
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 5:01 AM

Be strong, and follow through if you really think you are doing the right thing.I can't say, I'm not part of your situation. But I do know how it feels to loose the love of your life, have him come back and leave again, mine came back 2 days ago and I decided that enough was enough and I am not going to let him break my heart again. Yes I will love him deeply forever, but I will not put my current marriage or my faith on the line for him to hurt me again. I love this man more than my husband, but I could never trust or have complete faith in him. So I told him it was nice talking to you, but the answer is NO, I wil not leave my husband for you and I will not have an affair again.

Just know if you need a friend, message me in my box. I would be happy to talk to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN