Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you left an abusive/selfish man

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
How did you do it?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:45 AM
Bump
nataliesmom2012
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:47 AM
Just one day I packed all of his stuff up, called a mutual friend to come pick him up, and I told him he wasn't welcome back.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Moved to a different state
lendales_mommi
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:51 AM

Working on that right now. It's hard mommas. We have been together for 7 years. So much has went wrong......I just cant take it anymore and now he is threatining to not even be a father to my son...what am i supposed to do :( I dont have much advise I am still waiting for him to pick up his stuff. I told him he doesnt make me happy and we dont have anything in common anymore. I have thought about putting it outside but I am not that heartless:( But he is I just dont get why I cant be MEAN.....I talk to my friends alot and spend more time focusing at work and hanging out more one on one with my son to keep my mind of things. I also write poems and stories as a reminder of why I dont want ot be with this poor excuse of a man......I still love him though...he was my first true love...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:52 AM
You make it sound so easy.. I cant afford this house on my own and have no savings I do work though

Quoting nataliesmom2012:

Just one day I packed all of his stuff up, called a mutual friend to come pick him up, and I told him he wasn't welcome back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:55 AM
My husband is selfish not abusive but we are in the begining if a divorce now.... He's still on my couch :-( I hate him he tells me what days he wants the kids and then tells me he "has a date" bla bla I don't believe him but like what do I do? Do I let him pick and choose when he has the kids then take it back :-( grrrr I hate him
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:00 AM
I finally got a hold of a friend of mine and let him know what was going on. He drove four hours and picked me up in the middle of the night immediately. I went with him and two of his friends four hours across the state with my purse and what I was wearing. My ex didn't wake up when I was leaving, so he woke up to me being gone. I went back a few weeks later with a friend to get my stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:01 AM

called my parents and told them i was going to a shelter with the kids, and they sent me plane tix for us instead

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:02 AM
2 moms liked this

i hooked up with 1800799-SAFE and made it across country after a deranged bf threatened to kill me over n over, and police were powerless back then.  I started a new life thanks to the safeline

raye-chan
by Raye on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:06 AM
2 moms liked this

I just got to the point one day where I realized where if I stayed any longer, I knew he'd eventually hold true to his threat of killing me. I packed up my stuff one day and left in the car and slept in it for a few weeks in the middle of winter since the local women's abuse shelter refused to let me stay there unless I was willing to press charges against him. When he came around a few months after I got my apartment, he started trying to sweet talk me and at first, I started to believe it but after him pinning me against the wall and beating the shit out of me and him threatening me that he was gonna call the cops on me when I slapped him to get him to get off, I told him go for it and put a restraining order against him. 

Every so often he still makes trouble but it's settling down now that me and my husband have moved. It isn't easy though. It is just one of those things where one day you realize you're done and deserve better than that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)