Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

NEW Update on baby Kensley and DSD***PIC added***

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:01 AM
  • 438 Replies
63 moms liked this

Sorry I didn't finish reading all of your replies in the other post. As soon as I get more time I will go through and finish reading. Thanks again ladies for all your support.

DSD got released to come home yesterday. She is really bummed to not be able to stay with Kensley but I told her that she was in good hands and we would visit her in the morning.

We went to visit Kensley last night after I got off from work. Right now she still has an infection so they are still giving her antibiotics and blood. Her nurse said that the infection was the main concern right now and they are doing labs in the morning. I got to take some pictures of her for DSD and they came out pretty sweet despite her being in the incubator and having the eye protector thingie on. Dsd also got to see her face yesterday and she says that Kensley has her nose. Kensley was moving her legs and arms around and the nurse said she could hear us from inside her little bed. The nurse also says that her moving around is a good sign...I sure hope she can pull through.

3/21 Update

Kensley had a rough night last night. Her temp dropped so they had to put a bag over her. DSD and I went tonight after supper and they told us that she was doing much better. She was moving around a lot so that was a good sign. She still has infection and they will have her lab results back in about 72 hours. She did get taken off of one of the blood pressure medications because they said she didn't need it anymore...Which is great! One less medication she has to be on.

DSD has been doing a great job pumping her milk. She has been getting all she can and taking it up to the hospital. At first she wasn't pumping very much but tonight when I looked in the freezer she had pumped 4 full syringes. She had already dropped off her stash from last night and this morning so she got that from about 12-9. Kensley is going to have a bunch of good fattening milk once she can eat :)

So here she is <3 Atleast this is all Ive gotten to see of her. She is under a special light that will damage her eyes so she is always wearing this mask when i see her. They said that she only has to be under this light for a couple more days so hopefully we will get to see her beautiful face soon. I really just want to spoil this baby. I want her to grow and flourish most of all...but I really really want to spoil her. It's an itch that I can't scratch right now but believe me...She is going to be spoiled rotten :)

3/24- Good news on Kensley! She is 5 days old today. They have taken her off of all the blood pressure medication and one of the antibiotics. Her labs came back showing that her white blood cell count is lower and her red blood cell count is back up. They will be doing more labs tomorrow to see if they can take her off of the other antibiotic. They will be cautious and watch closely for more infection. Yesterday when we went to visit, Kensley was acting like she was mad so the nurse showed DSD how to soothe her (called containing). DSD enjoyed touching her DD for the first time and I even got a picture to share later when I upload it. She had gained an oz but since then lost it. The nurse says that is typical with preemies. Today when we went to see her we found out that they started giving her a little breast milk...not a whole lot. if i remember correctly the nurse said it was 1/4 of a CC per hour. They are trying to see if her tummy and intestines can handle it. The DFACS lady came by on Friday to check on DSD. She just needed to see where she lived and how much support DSD had with family. She talked to DSD about what was available to her. Everything overall seems to be going fine right now.

Please continue to pray because it does work :) Thanks to those of you who always comment and want to know how we are doing. Some of you have even offered to send us things and while I do appreciate it all I can really use right now are prayers. All of you ladies are wonderful and we love you all <3

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beenhereforever
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:03 AM
3 moms liked this
Thank you for the update.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lexiloo714
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:04 AM
3 moms liked this
Been praying for all of you. Glad you have somepositive news
mom2many747
by Momma Duck on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM
2 moms liked this

So happy she made it through another night. One day at a time hun.

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM
2 moms liked this
Glad to hear things are going good for now. Hope that little baby can pull through!
angelbabies11
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM
4 moms liked this
Awww... ***Hugs*** praying sweet baby Kensley pulls through!
PiscesMommy021
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Thanks for the update. I hope she pulls through.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Sounds like she's a fighter.
Lovebugbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Thanks for the update! I pray things keep getting better!

nickolyn
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:06 AM

oh good deal! hope she pulls through. thats scary stuff.

s.osborne
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:07 AM
3 moms liked this

I swear I am using all my willpower hoping this baby survives. Babies are extremely resilient.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)