Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Aint nobody got time to breastfeed two babies!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 133 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have four month old twins.  Aside from one bottle of formula in the evening, they are breastfed.  I nurse them at 5am, 8:30am, 12pm, 3:30pm, and 7pm.  They get the bottle at 10pm, ad they are usually fed, burped, and asleep by 11pm.  They sleep until the 5am feeding.

It takes anywhere from 30-60 minutes to feed them... if I tandem nurse.  It's obviously much longer if they are on a different schedule and I feed them one at a time.  I feel like all I ever do is feed these babies.

My confession is this:

Breastfeeding is beautiful.  Breastmilk is the perfect food for babies.  I love the bonding experience.

But...

Most of the time, this is not peaceful and relaxing and lovely like it should be.  This is a process.  It's a balancing act.  It's a thing that has to be scheduled into my day.  Virtually every time I feed the babies, I am watching the clock and wishing they would just hurry up and finish already.  I feel so guilty because I love my babies and I know I'll miss them being so little, but I tell myself almost daily that I can't wait for them to turn one.

I'm trying to do what is best for my babies, but I still feel guilty and mad at myself.

busy mom

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I ff and it made for a happy and healthy baby and a happy mommy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:10 AM

My other kids were breastfed to 6 months and formula fed from 6 months to 1 year.  I am determined to breastfeed these babies to 1 year because I feel sick thinking about paying for all that formula!  The other times I switched when I returned to work.  This time, I won't be returning.

Honestly, I kind of feel like I have no excuse to stop breastfeeding. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM
8 moms liked this
It'd be the same if you were FF. You'd still have to hold them and feed them. Plus formula for two babies will be expensive :( you're doing a great job!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah.......no way in hell I'd BF two kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:16 AM
I applaud you. I couldnt handle breastfeeding one, I cant even imagine trying to breastfeed two
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I guess the big difference is that other people could feed them 100% independent of me (read: no pumping).

I know I need to stick it out.  I just hate feeling so irritated with it.  I didn't feel that way when it was just one baby.

Thank you for your kind, supportive words.

Quoting usmcwifey11:

It'd be the same if you were FF. You'd still have to hold them and feed them. Plus formula for two babies will be expensive :( you're doing a great job!

bellawomen
by Summer on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM
I am bumping this for you. I have a blog bookmarked on my computer of a mom who exclusively breastfed her triplets. She blogged the good, the bad, and the truth. I think you would enjoy it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KTU
by Kim on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Wow! That really sound exhausting. Hang in there. You are doing the best you can!

Megan11587
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I FF and you're right - it is expensive!  You need to do what's best for you and your child.  If switching over is the answer, then switch.  If sticking to your guns is best for everyone involved, then do that!  Good luck!

Quoting Anonymous:

My other kids were breastfed to 6 months and formula fed from 6 months to 1 year.  I am determined to breastfeed these babies to 1 year because I feel sick thinking about paying for all that formula!  The other times I switched when I returned to work.  This time, I won't be returning.

Honestly, I kind of feel like I have no excuse to stop breastfeeding. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)