Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it possible that black kids...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 258 Replies
3 moms liked this
Are just getting in more trouble at school? I was listening to the news and they are saying there is a problem because black kids are having to be disaplined at three times the rate of white kids. Is it that the school is unfairly punishing black students even when they do nothing wrong? Or that they are getting in more trouble? Im genuinly curious what others think. I dont have school age children yet so i have no idea how it works. I dont want this to sound racist either. I think if you do the crime you do the time. No matter what color your skin is. I think sometimes maybe its not wanting to believe that they are just making bad choices and getting in trouble. I think it would be hard to find a story where anyone was upset that white kids where being punished more than another race. It would just be, well, i guess they are causing more trouble? Ill add, of course there are injustices in all our lives, some people are just ignorant asses. But sometimes i think we just want to blame someone, instead of realizing the real problem. Maybe the black kids are doing more wrong. The solution isnt to change the punishment to make black parents feel better. But to help find out why the kids(any race) are making such poor choices.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuvmyAiden
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM
12 moms liked this

I think racism exists and effects ALL races in various parts of this country. I think when a kid points a gun at police and there are days of riots after the kid is killed that there is a serious problem with taking responsibility. While I think the blaming of racism is more rampant in the black community than in other races it happens in EVERY community. It is time for parents across the board to man up and accept thier kids being punished when they do wrong.

HaveFaith1215
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:59 AM
8 moms liked this

Yikes - Good luck with this one. I commend you for your bravery. Even though you have no ill intentions, and want an honest discussion, people are going to see "black, trouble, & race" and that's it. 

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Well said! I know some people are still racist, and its not just whites. I think its too easy to call racism and not take a closer look at the real problem.

Quoting LuvmyAiden:

I think racism exists and effects ALL races in various parts of this country. I think when a kid points a gun at police and there are days of riots after the kid is killed that there is a serious problem with taking responsibility. While I think the blaming of racism is more rampant in the black community than in other races it happens in EVERY community. It is time for parents across the board to man up and accept thier kids being punished when they do wrong.

HaveFaith1215
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Very very true.

Quoting LuvmyAiden:

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Thanks. I am just truly interested how others see this issue. If they do get defensive and want a figh, they are probably the ignorant that keep this kind of menality going.

Quoting HaveFaith1215:

Yikes - Good luck with this one. I commend you for your bravery. Even though you have no ill intentions, and want an honest discussion, people are going to see "black, trouble, & race" and that's it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I see a lot of areas in america where the black culture has accepted violence as a 1st resort response. You dont have to be black to be part of that regional culture either

D.O.E.
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:06 PM
6 moms liked this

well if the AA to Caucasian ratio  is higher that would explain some of it.

i also  tend to think that differnt cultures have different learning styles.

we expect everyone to learn the European way,sitting in a class, head in a book,listening to the teacher ect.

perhaps some kids would beable to learn better, and have a better school experience if for instance  math was taught through discussion instead of on paper, allowing the students to brainstorm, throw ideas around and learn from and through each other. essentially helping each other get that lightbulb moment where it clicks and they understand the problem.

just an idea

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:06 PM
5 moms liked this
I believe that blacks complain a lot about racism, yet some of them are also racist. Sometimes they should just stop with the racist card and own up to their mistakes.
headingsouth13
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:06 PM
4 moms liked this

i think it is a little bit of both to be frankly honest. however i do believe they are targeted more because of their race. i saw it when i was at my brothers school child #1(white) was bouncing a ball in the gym before class started child #2(black) was doing the samething. child #2 was yelled at for doing so while child #1 was not yet they were doing the samething

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:08 PM
3 moms liked this

I can think of some women on this site that probably have some troubled kids....black, white, whatever.  Most of you are a hot mess!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured