Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you give your ss number

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies

i watched a kid for 1 1/2 months last year for $100 a week.  so a  total of $500.00. the kids mom wants to claim it on taxes, and needs my tax exemption number. i dont have one because obviously im not a big buisness. so i have to use my social security number. i feel alittle uncomfortable giing my social out to anyone but especially someone i dont know well. Not that i think the mom would steal my social but im more afriad of it being left were someone else could get ahold of it. how would you go about this if it was you?

also i didnt claim the income on my taxes because it was a small amount for only 5 weeks and when i asked if i had to claim  that income i was told no. idk if that makes a difference or not.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oh_sparks
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:54 AM

That five hundred is not going to help her at all.

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Just tell her no
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:55 AM

No.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:56 AM

You didn't claim it on taxes, which helps you and you won't allow her to claim it which helps her.  That's fucked up. You shouldn't watch kids anymore unless it's for free.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I dont know.A friend of mine had this happen and she quit watching the child because they claimed it and it wasnt a big amt either.I would just tell her no.Its not enough to make a difference.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:56 AM

you don't have to claim a w9 (self employed) unless you have made over $600

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Just tell her no cuz you didn't even claim it and you both have to claim it on your taxes or the other one that didn't gets a bit screwed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Tell her no. My friend watched a woman's baby for a few months. Before she even started she clearly told the woman that she was not going to claim the money as income on her taxes and that she would not give them her ssn. They're now pissed at her for not letting them claim it on their taxes.
mewebb82
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Go to the irs website and apply for a EIN number. It takes 5 minutes. That's what I have used for the last 11 years for my home daycare.

OH, but you didn't claim the income. In that case, tell her no. But you might want to get the EIN number for the future.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM

No.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)