Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easter with older kids

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What do you do??

When m kids were younger I used to do baskets and easter eggs but just felt it was a waste of money. My kids always got the most candy and baskets be thrown every where it was a mess! So now what?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
summerbear
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I have an 11yo, a 3yo and a 1yo. My 11yo knows about the Easter Bunny/Santa et al...

Every year she enjoys playing Santa, Easter Bunny etc... to the younger kids. She is the one who puts the Easter Baskets together. She also loves to hide the eggs in the yard for them.

She still gets a basket and we put a few special presents in it for her, but she enjoys her job as Easter Bunny more than anything!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

The boys are 14,13,12 and 4 and will all get baskets that they have to find.  I put things they need in the older ones - soap, swimming trunks, flips, towel, itunes gift card, ear buds, etc.  

I'm also 30 and still get a basket from my Mom, but she doesn't make me find it anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Just a thought

Im not a holiday grinch or anything but why do children need to have tons of candy and toys on Easter? I can understand a small gift or candy but this is something I have beenthinking about. This year my kids will get something small. Usually they get like 5 baskets from every grandma its rediculous!
muzakmom
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Last year I had my two youngest girls home, they were 19 and 20 at the time. We hid 250 plastic eggs with candy and money in them all around the yard...took them hours to find them all. It was so much fun!! Almost like having little ones again!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids still get baskets, and always will. Even my 17 year old sd still gets a basket from the easter bunny at our house. Of course the contents change to fit the kid, but traditions don't die in my house.

jb0520
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll always do baskets
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Katenemsmom
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel the same as you. Mine are 7 and 10. We are doing less candy and more clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

A scavenger hunt maybe. Cash prizes at the end?

othermom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I do small toys, maybe a dvd, cd or something with a little candy

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Growing up we usually just got a small basket with candy, bubbles, and a plastic kite. We never got actual gifts. My kids are 3 & 1. They will both get a small basket with gold fish, fruit bars, and strawberries. They will get bubbles and a bubble machine to share.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured