Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Easter with older kids

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What do you do??

When m kids were younger I used to do baskets and easter eggs but just felt it was a waste of money. My kids always got the most candy and baskets be thrown every where it was a mess! So now what?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Replies (21-30):
hotmama83227
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

we'll still have easter candy. but no baskets, because they are a huge waste of money for us.  i'll probably get them each a book, maybe a nice outfit idk yet. they are gonna be 11yrs 11yrs 2 mos shy of 10 yrs and 2 mos shy of 8 yrs.

angie944
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Make each kid a basket with things that they would like...   small toys, candy, ( if they are older, like teens, maybe perfume, cologne, ect.. ) 

JanineDeer
by Janine on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I got some pretty nice "bushel baskets".  All colorful.  I would re-use them year after year.  I got this stuff called "excelsior" stuff- and I just put that out into the garden as mulch ... the birds like it to build their nests with it too- they come and take strands of it away.  So I liked it!

I got really GOOD candy for them and a toy or two and sometimes fancy spring shirts or shoes. 

I love Eastertime.  Good chocolate... never a waste of money to me!  It's like my crack................kids.. here's your chocolate.........................hahaha (and MINE)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Ummm. teach them the REAL reason of Easter and bring them to Church?  Just a thought. 

aprilm21181
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
My son is 10 and just told me " mom I don't need a basket, I just want a big chocolate bunny and some peeps"

He needs Stop growing up!!!! I was going to get him a basket :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm 34 and my mom still sends me stuff for my basket. My kids love Easter and everything that goes along with it, Christ and the Bunny too. I don't see us not giving them baskets and stopping dying Easter eggs for a very long time :)
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Oh...our girls are 13,12,11 & 10. Our son is 4.
aprilm21181
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Of course we do, we go to church on Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Vigil Saturday night, and Easter mass on Sunday Morning

We can still have fun and have Easter Baskets, and Easter egg hunts.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ummm. teach them the REAL reason of Easter and bring them to Church?  Just a thought. 

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I still do baskets but I put in stuff they will like, their fav candy, books, movies gift cards. I don't do the grass tho anymore, such a waste of money.

Willow.wind
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Gifts to use for spring & summer. My kids get swimsuits, flip flops, clothes & a bit of candy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN