Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Easter with older kids

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What do you do??

When m kids were younger I used to do baskets and easter eggs but just felt it was a waste of money. My kids always got the most candy and baskets be thrown every where it was a mess! So now what?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Replies (31-37):
Classymommy4
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 11, 10,8,&2. All boys. The two yr old is the only one getting a basket. The others are getting gift cards.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I still get my oldest who is 20 an Easter Basket. I even got his gf one....shrugs.

My little ones get baskets as well as my teens.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids are 11, 14, and 17. I will continue to get them Easter baskets until they have a family of their own. My youngest has a mini pillow pet for hers, plus a couple of zipper bracelets, and some new nail polish and sunglasses. 

My 14 yo is getting a poster, and a gift card for points on his PS3 account. 

My oldest is getting some nail polish, a cute scarf, and some Japanese candy and soda she likes. 

They will all have some candy in there, too. 

This is the first year I won't be doing an egg hunt, which they were not happy about. If we were having younger kids over, I totally would, but were not. 

MommaTasha1003
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids are still young... But when I was older my parents didnt do anything. we just had the usual  nice easter dinner together, and when me & mom where at the grocery store we would get some easter candy to enjoy...

My MIL still fixes me & DH a small goodie bag of candy lol :) and one year I just found out I was pregnant so I got a nice basket of prenatal vitamins & a pregnancy book...

I say do a goodie bag. Easter doesnt always = baskets.... Give them a small gift like a $25 itunes gift card or a new tshirt, sunglasses etc...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Yes, they know we go to church every sunday.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ummm. teach them the REAL reason of Easter and bring them to Church?  Just a thought. 

LucyHarper
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

They get an easter basket with some candy and a Bible (we don't do toys and presents for Easter), then we go to church, after we have a nice Easter lunch with our friends and they help us hide eggs for the little kids. 

kim8934
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

peanut butter eggs and a gas gift card

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)