Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Marriage and arrears...Edit...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies
Df and I want to get married but he's fighting for ssi so he's waaaay behind in cs and I'm the only income. I reveice EIC for our 2 kids and also claim him as a dependant. If we get married how could we make it where she doesn't get my refund? We don't want to not pay, we just can't right now and when he gets approved he will start paying bit for the time being my EIC is MY kids' money, not theirs and I'm not sharing. Call me selfish if u want but That's my take on it. So any advice on how we could get married and avoid her getting my taxes?? He is trying for ssi because both his lower extremities were ran over by a drunken drivers car leaving him unable to work. He also has a hand injury and even the social security lawyer said there no jobs he could perdorm 40 hours week. He wants to support his child bit we are unable to right now because i am the sole bread winner
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:53 PM
You file injured spouse.
carriec1982
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Pay the damn support... my ex has collected ssi and his claim to stop child support was denied... pay her off... damn
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM
You can file injured spouse, but it delays your refund considerably.
jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Married filing separately?  And to be safe, I probably wouldn't claim him, just your kids, and do a completely separate return...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM
He's fighting for ssi bc he can't work. I can't pay and will not pay for a kid thats not mine.

Quoting carriec1982:

Pay the damn support... my ex has collected ssi and his claim to stop child support was denied... pay her off... damn

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM
She will get screwed enough when ssi hits... dont you think?
happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM
3 moms liked this

For better-for worse, for richer-or poorer...... JUST NO DAMN CS!!!! Hypocrite.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM
I've only claimed hI'm for 2012

Quoting jenmomx3:

Married filing separately?  And to be safe, I probably wouldn't claim him, just your kids, and do a completely separate return...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:58 PM
married filing separately but you can't get EIC that way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM

don't marry him...he's not worth it.  when he does get ssi, they will give it all to her...sorry, seen it happen before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN