Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Marriage and arrears...Edit...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Df and I want to get married but he's fighting for ssi so he's waaaay behind in cs and I'm the only income. I reveice EIC for our 2 kids and also claim him as a dependant. If we get married how could we make it where she doesn't get my refund? We don't want to not pay, we just can't right now and when he gets approved he will start paying bit for the time being my EIC is MY kids' money, not theirs and I'm not sharing. Call me selfish if u want but That's my take on it. So any advice on how we could get married and avoid her getting my taxes?? He is trying for ssi because both his lower extremities were ran over by a drunken drivers car leaving him unable to work. He also has a hand injury and even the social security lawyer said there no jobs he could perdorm 40 hours week. He wants to support his child bit we are unable to right now because i am the sole bread winner
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Replies (51-51):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Both of his legs were completely broken in several places, tendons and both acls and pcls have been replaced. He can't stand or sit for longer than 20-30 minutes at a time even at night when he sleeps. So no, a wheelchair is not an option. The guy working FOR social security and against him even said so smart ass

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh really? There's no jobs he could perform for 40 hours a week? Was his voice box damaged in this accident? He couldn't sit in a wheelchair and be a Walmart door greeter? All he would have to do is say hello. All of ours are in wheelchairs.

Quoting Anonymous:

Df and I want to get married but he's fighting for ssi so he's waaaay behind in cs and I'm the only income. I reveice EIC for our 2 kids and also claim him as a dependant. If we get married how could we make it where she doesn't get my refund? We don't want to not pay, we just can't right now and when he gets approved he will start paying bit for the time being my EIC is MY kids' money, not theirs and I'm not sharing. Call me selfish if u want but That's my take on it. So any advice on how we could get married and avoid her getting my taxes?? He is trying for ssi because both his lower extremities were ran over by a drunken drivers car leaving him unable to work. He also has a hand injury and even the social security lawyer said there no jobs he could perdorm 40 hours week. He wants to support his child bit we are unable to right now because i am the sole bread winner

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)