Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why is it. (Might cause a debate)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why is it that black history month is celebrated but if I wanted a "white history month" its racist.

Girls in boy scouts is fine but no boy could join girl guides (Canadians)

Gay pride parades every year but if I teach heterosexual families I am bigoted.

Schools can teach about all religions and all holidays but not about Christmas

That there can be "Black Beauty pageants" where no whites are allowed but if someone tried to do a White only pageant they would be sent to court.

In my sons gymnastics class and a black child went in front of Connor for an activity (no big deal) Mom was beside me (didn't know I was mom) and mumbled  "good job we never go in back put the cracker in the back" I turned to her totally surprised but didn't say anything. What would have happened if I used the N word?

I am sorry for the past I really am...but how much longer are we supposed to bend over backwards for what our ancestors did??

Oh and learn the bloody language of the country you are moving to!

Okay so I will get chewed out for this. But before you do. I have friends of all colours I am not racist I am just tired of being treated like a second class citizen by those that claim they are.

Vent over

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Replies (61-70):
isabellamarley
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
White history is what we are taught everyday in school. 43/44 presidents were WHITE. So is it a big deal to you that all people are taught about black people and their accomplishments for 28/29 days out of the year? Does that hurt you? I'm so sorry if it hurts your feelings. Just how we were taught who invented electricity, we shutoffs be taught who invented peanut butter (a black man). the month of February is to show how important blacks, who were attacked by dogs and water houses just a few decades ago, are to this country and the world.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:23 PM

My great great grandmother was raped and imprisoned because she killed her rapist, only to get raped again in prison and have my great grandpa.

So please, don't preach to me.

Yes. She was full blood native.

Quoting Anonymous:

Where are all the indian parades and months and contests????
My grandparents were slaughtered like cattle. Babies left on the ground to freeze to death. Women raped and tortured.
Slaves had it bad. But honestly there is no comparison. Settlers tried to eradicate my people.

Quoting Pooobaihr:

-.-

There are historical reasons for everything that you mentioned for blacks. You clearly don't really want to know them because you can easily look them up yourself. You'd probably still not give a damn anyway.

In fact, if you really need to ask questions about the majority of the things you're talking about and not just automatically see why these things are in existance... Nothing anyone tells you here will matter anyway.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Amd black people that I have met have actually argued this with me.
"Haha you white gurl. You ain't no indian.you look like a wanna be kim k"
Sooooooo offense.
None of my other friends have ever said this. No Asians, whites, Hispanics, etc. I can't say all black people are this way, but everyone that I ever met was
They want to be the only victims.

Quoting Anonymous:

Exactly. I am of Native American heritage and they got treated way worse. They were enslaved and their land stolen.

The Irish were slaves here, too.

It wasn't just blacks. And in Africa, tribes enslaved one another and sold to the Americas.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree.

I hate when black people talk about what they are "owed" bc of slavery. Please. I grew up on the rez. My people had it waaaayyyyy worse. But I dont hang that over white peoples head. Gtfo it.

Idc if I sound racist. It pisses me off.

2BRBgirlz
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Oh my..... waiting for a poof.

Mainstream Moms
Come join us!!  No crunchiness!big smile mini

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Amen!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Really? What tribe? From where? Funny bc your great great gma probably didn't have ANY rights if she was in fact indian. Native is a pc term, I don't know any indians who refer to themselves as that out side of a professional setting. More than likely was just killed instead of jailed.
Soooooo yeah. Good try.

Quoting Pooobaihr:

My great great grandmother was raped and imprisoned because she killed her rapist, only to get raped again in prison and have my great grandpa.

Quoting Anonymous:

My grandparents were slaughtered like cattle. Babies left on the ground to freeze to death. Women raped and tortured.

Slaves had it bad. But honestly there is no comparison. Settlers tried to eradicate my people.

Quoting Pooobaihr:

-.-

There are historical reasons for everything that you mentioned for blacks. You clearly don't really want to know them because you can easily look them up yourself. You'd probably still not give a damn anyway.

In fact, if you really need to ask questions about the majority of the things you're talking about and not just automatically see why these things are in existance... Nothing anyone tells you here will matter anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:34 PM
ANNNDD what does your great great gma have to do with anything I said????
Trying to prove yourself for some reason? Make you twice as entitled? ?

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Pooobaihr:

-.-

Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:40 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!

I never knew my Great great grandma. She never got out of jail. My Great grandfather was sent straight out to get adopted. Same with his half brother, who was the product of another guard at the prison.

I don't know what tribe she was from, I only know she was native.

But good try with thinking you know anything. :D But I mean,   if you're into seances and things like that. You can try asking my gramps yourself. I knew him until I was 15. I know my line. You don't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? What tribe? From where? Funny bc your great great gma probably didn't have ANY rights if she was in fact indian. Native is a pc term, I don't know any indians who refer to themselves as that out side of a professional setting. More than likely was just killed instead of jailed.
Soooooo yeah. Good try.

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Pooobaihr:

-.-

CafeMom Tickers
Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:41 PM

You brought up NAs. Don't get mad when I have something to say about that also.

Quoting Anonymous:

ANNNDD what does your great great gma have to do with anything I said????
Trying to prove yourself for some reason? Make you twice as entitled? ?

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Pooobaihr:

-.-

CafeMom Tickers
lilypad12788
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:42 PM
"Were white people" is more appropriate. Past actions should not be compared to current ones.

Quoting Anonymous:

black people were oppressed, were you??

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)