Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

From the stir: does Adam lanzas father owe the parents of the children anything?

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM
  • 32 Replies

We're closing in on 100 days since the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School put Newtown, Connecticut in our hearts. And since Adam Lanza was named as the person responsible for killing dozens of innocent children and adults, including his own mother, people have been filled with questions about the killer's father. Now at least one of them has been answered. Peter Lanza has reportedly come out of hiding to speak with some of the parents affected by the Sandy Hook massacre.

Alissa and Robbie Parker are the parents of little Emilie, one of the 6-year-olds murdered by Adam Lanza on December 14. And it was them who reached out to Peter Lanza. Fortunately, he answered.

After all, he owes these people an explanation, doesn't he?

----
Sorry I can't copy and paste the rest my phone is acting up but here's the link to the rest of the article

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/152937/sandy_hook_parents_deserve_answers?result=comment_added&comment_state=member&success=1#comment_2738036
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:16 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't think he owes them anything.  If he is able to offer them any explanation that might give them a little peace, then that's nice.  He definitely does not "owe" them.

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think he owes them anything. He did not pull that trigger. Is he supposed to apologize for every horrible thing any of his children do?! I mean, their transgressions would all (hopefully) pale in comparison to what Adam did, but really?! Adam was an adult who was mentally ill and on drugs that impaired his conscience (like majority of other shooters the past twenty years) and he made a horrible, horrible decision. 

jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I think our entire nation owes them all an apology. But as far as monetary compensation....absolutely not.

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think he owes them any damn thing.

His son was his own individual person, responsible for his own actions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GreenAndLean
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:19 PM
He's not guilty of anything in this situation , his son is
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:20 PM
3 moms liked this

What the fuck

That man is just as much of a victim as the parents who lost their kids. Do people forget that he lost one of his kids that day as well?

MeAndTommyLee
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I don't think the term owe is what comes to my mind for me, at least.  Perhaps an `insight' on the part of Mr. Lanza might be helpful to them?  All and all, I do not feel this man owes anyone compansation. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought his brother sounded cold and callous about what had happen and his only concern was that his brother shot himself. 

happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:23 PM

What could he possibly say to these people? "Sorry my son killed your child, and then killed himself"? It would be a huge act of human kindness if the dad could reach out- not that he has to. I would want to know why his son was not placed in a facility if both parents knew he was so troubled. I'd also like to know how often he saw his son, and how much of a role he played in his life. Oh, and I really want to know what his ex-wife thought process was about having several guns available to their son when it was so OBVIOUS he had problems???

friendlymom5
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think he owes them anything.  If he is able to offer them any explanation that might give them a little peace, then that's nice.  He definitely does not "owe" them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)