Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If god plans for you to die at 15 you will die at 15!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I have heard a lot of people say that god has a plan for everyone and when its your time to go its your time. So why is it that if somone has cancer or gets sick everyones like oh pray for this person pray for this person, when if it's their time to go then prayers are not going to change that. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:19 PM
8 moms liked this
I'm an atheist... Sooo... When I hear that it's an automatic internal eye roll..

Whatever comforts people I suppose.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ShanesMommy2012
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I don't believe in god.
jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I'm with them. ^^^

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel the same way. I don't really know what I believe, I know I believe in ghosts and such, but not so much god. It is just weird to say god has a plan but then ask for prayers for a sick person. It contradicts itself. 

Quoting KristenFowles:

I'm an atheist... Sooo... When I hear that it's an automatic internal eye roll..

Whatever comforts people I suppose.

MandaRose83
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:21 PM
4 moms liked this

God does have a plan for everyone and nobody knows what that plan is. Just because you pray for the recovery of somebody who is sick or maybe they are just praying for god to relieve the pain and make it more comfortable for them. Nobody knows when its their time. You can get cancer and come back from it. Hence why people pray.

PISCIS29
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Sometimes praying does work and sometimes praying isnt to heal but to help with the pain and the transition.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I can understand that, what I don't understand is if your religious and believe god has a plan then whether or not a person makes it back from cancer has nothing to do with your prayers it has to do with what god had planned all along. 

Quoting MandaRose83:

God does have a plan for everyone and nobody knows what that plan is. Just because you pray for the recovery of somebody who is sick or maybe they are just praying for god to relieve the pain and make it more comfortable for them. Nobody knows when its their time. You can get cancer and come back from it. Hence why people pray.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I believe that nothing is set in stone and God allows us.to change our Destiny
mcclainprincess
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Not religious... Sooooo... Eh.
MandaRose83
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Praying doesn't really have anything to do with "god's plan". People pray because its a comfort basically and you the point is you never know what gods real plan is. Just because someone came down with cancer does not mean its in gods plan for them to die. So you pray for comfort, for relief, or for healing because you don't really know god's plan. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I can understand that, what I don't understand is if your religious and believe god has a plan then whether or not a person makes it back from cancer has nothing to do with your prayers it has to do with what god had planned all along. 

Quoting MandaRose83:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)