Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A girl my dd knows at school is 14 and hooking up....EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

She lives in our neighborhood and has the boys over after school while her parents are at work. She brags about it at school and sees this as a status symbol. Her parents are very lenient with her I have seen boys come and go from her house. Should I say something or do you think the parents are already aware?

My dd hangs out with her sometimes. I just don't know the family that well. It might cause a problem if the girl finds out it was me who told her parents. I don't want to put dd or myself in that situation. I am trying to get dd to steer clear of her at school. We have had multiple sex talks and we always discuss consequences.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:36 PM

You said her parents are already lenient with her, so they probably know. MYOB lady.

Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

You said her parents are already lenient with her, so they probably know. MYOB lady.

yup

CafeMom Tickers
onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:39 PM

You think this girl is having sex with these boys? Definitely  let the parents know and maybe consider calling CPS. She is under the age of consent and needs to be protected. It takes a village. 

atyou
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Wtf?

Quoting onethentwins:

You think this girl is having sex with these boys? Definitely  let the parents know and maybe consider calling CPS. She is under the age of consent and needs to be protected. It takes a village. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Quoting onethentwins:

Not only that but she posts risky pictures on her facebook. I had dd unfriend her because the pictures are way too mature for an 8th grader.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I was 14 when i started having sex , i dont think its a big deal
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Risque?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting onethentwins:

Not only that but she posts risky pictures on her facebook. I had dd unfriend her because the pictures are way too mature for an 8th grader.

AngelNecole
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:43 PM
I would say something. Sure the parents may be lenient with her but at least you spoke up about it. The girl is setting a bad example for the other girls at school.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting onethentwins:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:44 PM

This girl needs help and a good positive roll model. These women telling you to MYOB are fine with a girl falling off the right path, I wouldn't be. If it were one of my daughters friends I'd be very concerned about her and at least try to help her. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting onethentwins:

Aleta775
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I think I would say something. Just because the parents are lenient, doesn't mean that they are aware of her activities. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)