Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A girl my dd knows at school is 14 and hooking up....EDIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

She lives in our neighborhood and has the boys over after school while her parents are at work. She brags about it at school and sees this as a status symbol. Her parents are very lenient with her I have seen boys come and go from her house. Should I say something or do you think the parents are already aware?

My dd hangs out with her sometimes. I just don't know the family that well. It might cause a problem if the girl finds out it was me who told her parents. I don't want to put dd or myself in that situation. I am trying to get dd to steer clear of her at school. We have had multiple sex talks and we always discuss consequences.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Replies (11-15):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Quoting AngelNecole:

I would say something. Sure the parents may be lenient with her but at least you spoke up about it. The girl is setting a bad example for the other girls at school.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting onethentwins:

You think this girl is having sex with these boys? Definitely  let the parents know and maybe consider calling CPS. She is under the age of consent and needs to be protected. It takes a village. 

Not only that but she posts risky pictures on her facebook. I had dd unfriend her because the pictures are way too mature for an 8th grader.

I just don't know the family that well... I know they must have seen her Facebook and let it go. Maybe they are OK with it and I am afraid of repercussions for my own dd.

Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I would say something. I would take the "Well I don't want to cause any trouble but I would want to know" or "I'm afraid being alone with these guys something bad might happen"  kind of lead in and if they are okay with it they are okay with it just let it go. 

CeciliaMarie-
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:46 PM
When I was 15 I was messing around with my then bf, dumb decision, but nothing bad come of it so hey, whatever...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
workingmama86
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Teens are becoming sexually active at very young ages these days. This does not shock me at all. I know teens who are having sex younger than that. It's quite disgusting really... 

Anastacia1988
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this
A parent should not get to pick and choose their child's friends this will only backfire later in life. The best you can do is make sure your own daughter is supervised and making good choices. Your daughters friends are not expected to be role models to her but peers. You should be the role model. And explain to her why you don't agree with the behavior but that it doesn't make this girl a bad person. Eventually your daughter may stop Sharing stuff with you I fear :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN