Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why are 8 year olds idiots the week before spring break?

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:00 PM
  • 11 Replies

That is a question a mom I know on my facebook posted last week about her stepson. I am actually friends with her and the stepson's mom. He is no different than any other boy his age, maybe a little hyper at times.. but I don't see how that justifies calling him an "idiot"... 

My jaw dropped when I read that, and I had to reread it a couple times to make sure I was even reading it right. And yes, the boy's mom does know about it, and she was not happy. In defense of the stepmom, I will say, she has a 21 month old son, and a 3 month old son.. and she took on her stepson for a full week last week since he is going on vacation with his mom for spring break. Her husband works long hours and i believe he was out of state for part of the week last week. She has been apart of her stepson's life since he was a toddler... So I think her nerves were getting the best of her. I just don't understand why she didn't give him back to his mom when he was getting too much for her to handle. His mom would never say no to taking him... he's all she has.... 

But anyway.... if you read that on facebook from someone you know, what would be your reaction?? 

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
workingmama86
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:02 PM

BUMP!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I don't think that was really all that bad. Everyone needs to release some steam. She didn't post a picture of him hogtied or call him a cuss word.

lovinmama411
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I can understand being frustrated but calling an 8 year old an idiot is ridiculous!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:06 PM
I don't see the problem....its not like she called him an idiot....every adult needs to vent at times....that doesn't mean she is the wicked SM who can't "handle" the SS.
southernwldchld
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:08 PM

My honest reaction, would have been what I thought when I saw the title of the post;

"Probably the same reason my dog acts like a crackhead if someone grabs the leash, FREEEDOMMM!!!"

My 8 yr old acts like an idiot sometimes, he isn't an idiot, but he does a damn good impersonation of one...

workingmama86
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

lol you have a point. I understand totally where she's coming from, honestly. I have a stepdaughter myself that i have played a huge role in raising... but never would i publicly announce my frustrations with her only because i know how hard people judge stepparents!  I was seriously shocked when I read that though because most parents wouldn't admit to feeling that way towards their own child let alone their stepchild... 

Quoting mem82:

I don't think that was really all that bad. Everyone needs to release some steam. She didn't post a picture of him hogtied or call him a cuss word.

2girlsandadream
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Idiot may not have been the most appropriate word to use but its nit like she evil and abusing him or calling him horrible names.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
workingmama86
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:11 PM

you are right about that. I was mostly shocked that she said it on a public forum, considering stepparents are usually harshly judged over everything they do or say with their stepchild. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't see the problem....its not like she called him an idiot....every adult needs to vent at times....that doesn't mean she is the wicked SM who can't "handle" the SS.

JNLmomme09
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:12 PM
On my jaw just dropped. I hate hate hate FB with a passion bc of idiots like this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:12 PM

It's a week before Spring Break here and honestly? Idiot about covers the way the kids are acting LOL. They can't wait and are bouncing all over the place, ignoring chores, complaining about homework, complaining about bedtime, etc. Things they only do a week or so before vacation time. I can understand her frustration and probably would have giggled in understanding if someone posted that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)