Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For Christians. A question about the church.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies

Why do churches preach so heavily about being gay, but dont preach about other things like circumcision.... This is something in the NT that says we should NOT do.. Yet many Christians still do it, and many of them believe they should for biblical reasons..

Im not looking for a intact vs circ. argument, Ive read that post a'plenty... This is not about THAT.. It is about the CHURCH not preaching against something that many of its people are doing, if we should follow the bible, why not try to help Christians follow it better by teaching them what the Word says about circumcision?

Why does the church want to focus on something that is really a personal choice that an adult makes on their own (which may of us believe being gay is NOT a choice), but ignore what PARENTS are putting on their children..

http://www.udonet.com/circumcision/christian.html.

http://www.gci.org/law/circumcision

(Also I am Christian, so this is not a Christian Bash post. But we do not attend church often because we find most to not only teach against certain things- but teach hate towards them as well...)

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:44 PM

BUMP!

RightSock
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:48 PM

thanks for ignoring the question about the church & focusing on the part about circumcision....

I am guessing this post will be ignored because no one can answer the real QUESTION...

Quoting RightSock:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:52 PM

The church I attend does not preach against homosexuality anymore than it advocates circumcision. Matter of fact, I have never heard anything preached about either from their pulpit.

RightSock
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Out of this pic where did it come across that I ignored the church and focused on circumcision?

Quoting Anonymous:

thanks for ignoring the question about the church & focusing on the part about circumcision....

I am guessing this post will be ignored because no one can answer the real QUESTION...

Quoting RightSock:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Churches, and not all of them, (but most), are teaching laws and rules.  They need to stop this!  It is turning so many people away from God, and it's really sad.  Churches need to focus on the real reason God wants us to have churches.  To support eachother, to worship God, to fellowship with each other, and to learn.  Not about judging others, not following OLD biblical laws, and not about focusing on people's lifestyle choices!!!!  God is the judge, and he will forgive those who love him.  And Christians have to stop playing God and judging others!!

Beautiful31mom
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

our church has not spoke about either topic.

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

true-love-21
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:59 PM
I'm a Christian and I honestly can't answer this question. Sorry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Mine doesn't preach on Circ. OR being Gay. For the first; why/hoe would that be a sermon?  Most Christians are doing it for health reasons not religious reasons. I don't think a church should spend a sermon on penises.

As for the second; our churches stance is in the Beliefs and doctrine packet, so they don't see the need to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:03 PM

None of the churches I have ever attended spoke about either topic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)