Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

10 years ago my DH cheated and had a child

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 560 Replies
6 moms liked this

With another woman. At the time we had a 2 year old and I was pregnant with our twins. I had not finished college yet, I put that on hold when I got pregnant with the twins. When he came to me and told me, he truly was sorry and even though I hated him for it, I considered my options. I was about to have 3 kids under 3, I had at least 2 more years to finish college and I did still love him.

The woman was 12 weeks pregnant when I found out (DH had cut things off with her around the time she got pregnant and didn't speak to her again till she called him and told him she was pregnant the day he told me phone records confirmed this.)

I told DH that I was not going to deal with his bastard, it would never be welcome in my home or around me or my children. If he was to pay child support, he would have to get a second job to do that because the money for his mistake wouldn't be coming out of our family's budget. I told him those were the conditions and if he would accept them, we could work it out and stay together. He agreed. He, with me there, called her and told her that if she wants child support, she can go to court for it but he is not leaving his family for her (as she wanted him to do) and his 3 children with me have to come first. She told him that she would never contact him again and hasn't.

Very few people know about it, only my sister and my best friend. For all we know, she may have had an abortion. I know that some people will think I was wrong for basically taking a father from a child but the way I see it, its mother did that when she chose to have sex and get pregnant by a married man. The other option was to turn my children's world upside down and I was not willing to do that if I could help it.

That's my confession, exactly 5 people know about it (my sister, my best friend, DH, me and the whore). Our children don't know and will never know, we have a good relationship now and have 4 children and one more on the way. BTW I finished college.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2ameira
by captain underpants on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:37 PM
21 moms liked this
And now everyone on cm knows.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:37 PM
16 moms liked this
Well...he would no longer be my DH.. fuck that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lesliemck86
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:38 PM
So he isn't paying child support?
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:39 PM
18 moms liked this
Now we all know. Not sure what you are looking for but it takes 2. Can't just blame her, every Child has the right to have contact with both parents if they are fit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:39 PM
26 moms liked this

You are both fucked up people.

shamillionaire
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:40 PM
3 moms liked this
How do you know she knew he was married?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:40 PM

She never filed, for all we know, she may have had an abortion. She moved out of state and that's all we know

Quoting lesliemck86:

So he isn't paying child support?

HaleyCovington
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:41 PM
53 moms liked this

I'm gonna be hated for it but I honestly don't see an issue. He fucked up and you gave him his options... It's a messed up situation but I can't bash you for feeling the way you did. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:41 PM
21 moms liked this

Wow... you are selfish. The child shouldn't suffer because you are a bitch! He chose to cheat on you- who gives a rats ass about the OW? She didn't have any reason to be loyal to you... but your husband did! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I blamed DH too, I was able to forgive him and move on but I wasn't willing to deal with his bastard.

Quoting LAXmom21:

Now we all know. Not sure what you are looking for but it takes 2. Can't just blame her, every Child has the right to have contact with both parents if they are fit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)