Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how old was your child

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
When they started pottying by theirself? Ds is 4.5 and not only needs me to go potty with him every single time but me makes me stay. And takes so long for Poop and pee. How old were yours? He always wants me right there and never leaves my side, its pretty irritating. How can I teach him independence? Right now he's screaming and yelling because wants me to watch TV with him instead of me doing my homework. :( is this normal? My dd is not like that!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lovemybabyboy09
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:38 PM
DS is 3.5 and he will tell me he needs to potty but only wants me in there if he needs his bottom wiped. Otherwise he won't go if I'm in the bathroom
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:39 PM

My kids never wanted me in there with them, except for wiping and then once they had that under control they wanted their privacy.  

SexyAngelBaby
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Did was around 3 1/2 when she wanted to potty by herself but still needed a little help wiping.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Gosh. I wish it was that way for us

Quoting Lovemybabyboy09:

DS is 3.5 and he will tell me he needs to potty but only wants me in there if he needs his bottom wiped. Otherwise he won't go if I'm in the bathroom

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:40 PM

With my oldest she was 3. My youngest was not even two, she would call me to help if she pooped but other than that all on her own.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Hmmm... this has me worried now..
Dungonecrazy
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Same. I only hung out with them while they were potty training. Now I wait for the infamous "MOMMY! Come wipe my butt!!!"

Quoting Thelmama:

My kids never wanted me in there with them, except for wiping and then once they had that under control they wanted their privacy.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadySlimm
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:42 PM

DS is 4, he doesn't want me in there, and since he can wipe himself, then I don't go in. I haven't since he was 3.5

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Lucky. He needs someone in there all the time. I dunno.. Like why he can't just go and call when he needs me. Instead I try to encourage him to go alone and he goes into a melt down. Right now he's doing it to.. Screaming at me because I went sit right next to him..driving me nuts!

Quoting Anonymous:

With my oldest she was 3. My youngest was not even two, she would call me to help if she pooped but other than that all on her own.

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Lexi was daytime potty-trained at 16mos, nighttime at 18mos.

Kiki was daytime PT'd at 18 mos, nighttime at 21mos.

Sarah was daytime PT'd at 19mos and nighttime at 23mos.

The only time they needed me was if they pooped. Otherwise they were going on their own right away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)