Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He sat on my kid's head!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I was babysitting my nephew who is a month older then my ds. ( they turned 4 in Dec and Jan)

Apparently he decided it was his turn to do something and my son felt it was his turn so nephew sat on my son's head. By the blood marks on the sheets it is clear that my son was laying face down on the bed.

I heard yelling and that is when I went to check on them. My nephew said "he has some nose blood". *deep breath*

So I cleaned up my son and spoke to both of them to get the full story. I put my nephew in time out for a few minutes and then talk to him. I told him that he cannot hurt people when he is mad. That it is my job as mommy to make sure that all the kids I am watching are safe and if he hurts people that he can't come over anymore. Then I made him apologize to my son and help me take the sheet off the bed.

I mentioned it to my SIL when she came to get him but she was in hurry because she had other people with her that needed to get home. DH thinks that we should call her later and tell her again, in better detail.

I don't know that we should, seeing that I already told her. Would you?

( Then there are other behavior issues like I was making dinner but he didn't want what I was making so he tried going through my fridge) Told me to make a grilled cheese,  I said no, so he told me to make him a pb&j. He complained loudly that I didn't have any good junk food snacks, etc. He is the only kid, in a house of six or seven adults, depending on what day it is.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this

i wouldn't watch him. ain't nobody got time for that.

MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I wouldn't tell her again but I'd not rush to babysit that kid again.  Kids do stuff like that, or at least my boys do but dang he must have mushed his face into the bed hard to cause a nosebleed.  And as for the kid telling me what to make him no Homie don't go for that.  I'd tell him you eat what I give you...if you don't like it too bad. Same with junk food...I'd probably tell him he should be lucky people go to bed hungry sometimes.  I don't like other people's kids telling me what to do in my own house.

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:09 PM
No way id watch him again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:11 PM

uggggg. that would drive me crazy. there would be almost no point in telling her since she doesn't seem to care

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Yea, you should bring it up again.

and either disciple him like he was your own, or, don't watch him anymore. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:12 PM
I was once watching a little girl 11 months and she purposely kept trying to smack the back of her head on my then 3 month old baby's head... I told the mom then and here I could no longer watch her kid. She was pissed because it was last minute and I didn tell her the truth... But how can you honestly tell a mother their kid is horrible or dangerous to have around?
bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:12 PM

If he is consistently a self entitled spoiled little brat, stop taking care of him.

strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Maybe you should sit on his mothers head to get her attention :) lol i would call her again :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommieof3_752
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Yes he could have suffocated your son.

mich.el.le
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Poor kids! Both of them. He could have majorly hurt your poor son, and it sounds like your nephew needs a better home environment. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)