Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you have done?

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM
  • 12 Replies
On one leg of my flight I was sitting by the window and this man was sitting next to me and he kept elbowing me in my side and even up higher on my side where my bra is.

Now I'm not a skinny gal but I fit just fine in the seat, I don't spill over and the arm rest goes completely down between the two of us and he wasnt a fat man either. He was just a really tall broad man and he was reading the newspaper.

It was a 2 hour flight and the plane was full, they actually asked for volunteers to take the next flight home.

He wasnt hurting me but it was annoying as hell, I really enjoy my personal space and I don't like strangers touching me.

He also didn't speak English, it was on the flight from Sweden to London and I assume he was speaking Swedish, I never heard him say anything in English.

So what would you have done had you been in my shoes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Then only time I have been on a flight and not minded the person beside me bumping me was when it was my family. Then are not that big and it happens a lot. I just ignore it unless it is really hurting me. Because I know there is not much space on a plane.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

about the third time it happened, I would look at him and say "excuse me!"  that is pretty understandable.  I would also bet that he spoke perfect English, almost every industrialized nation teaches it along with the native language.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:37 PM
I did just ignore it because I knew he wasn't doing it on purpose but at the same time I kept thinking can't you be more careful jackass!!!!

Quoting Raeann11:

Then only time I have been on a flight and not minded the person beside me bumping me was when it was my family. Then are not that big and it happens a lot. I just ignore it unless it is really hurting me. Because I know there is not much space on a plane.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:39 PM
If it was annoying you alot I would have said something to the flight attendant, although planes are small, so they most likely couldnt do anything unless they found someone willing to change seats with you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:39 PM

i don't fly.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Well I wanted to drive to Sweden but man the gas to get there would've been astronomical.

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

i don't fly.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Yea, I know what you mean. I am careful to not to. But when I do I say sorry and when I do. The person has always been nice and told me not to worry about it. There is not much room.

Quoting Roxygurl:

I did just ignore it because I knew he wasn't doing it on purpose but at the same time I kept thinking can't you be more careful jackass!!!!

Quoting Raeann11:

frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Politely pushed his elbow away from my person.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:42 PM
I do the same thing, if I accidentally touch someone I apologize and the person is usually very nice about it.

Quoting Raeann11:

Yea, I know what you mean. I am careful to not to. But when I do I say sorry and when I do. The person has always been nice and told me not to worry about it. There is not much room.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Quoting Raeann11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:44 PM

you should look into electric cars.......

Quoting Roxygurl:

Well I wanted to drive to Sweden but man the gas to get there would've been astronomical.

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

i don't fly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN