Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you send your kid to public school, you're on PA.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 293 Replies
12 moms liked this

If you send your kid to public school, you're on PA, so quite complaining about the rules. If Creationism isn't taught, if the pledge of allegiance doesn't include the words under God, if the government and school board thinks that encouraging healthy eating and banning certain foods is what they're going to do, then where do you come off complaining about it? I don't really care about any of these things either way, but when you get something for free, how do you feel entitled to complain? It's free. It's by the government. It's for everybody. The point of the public school system was to make sure that education was open for everyone because there didn't used to be choices, but now there are many other options you can take. Christian schools, Montessori schools etc.

If you don't like it, take responsibility for your own kid and homeschool or put them in a private school. Can't afford it? Then pull yourself up by your bootstraps and get a better job.

Edit to add- Yup. I know you pay taxes. But your property taxes go not only towards schools, but also fire and police departments, and sanitation among other things. Furthermore just because you pay taxes, doesn't mean that you as one parent gets to complain and change the way the whole school runs when it's a public institution. 

It's for everybody, paid for in tax money. Tax money is money paid to the government, federal, state or otherwise, who then in turn decides what to do with it. They aren't "your" tax dollars. Yes, you pay them to the government, but after that those dollars and where they go are up to the government's discretion. Also many, many people who are childless pay high property taxes as well, and they don't get any services from the schools, just as what people pay toward food stamps and medicaid aren't all going to go to them if they can afford better. It's all right though, because we all contribute to the good of the community and country, no matter whether we get anything out of it or not. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:24 PM
4 moms liked this
Christian Schools... ::shudders::
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:26 PM

So i get permission to complain because my children never attended public school?  Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you send your kid to public school, you're on PA, so quite complaining about the rules. If Creationism isn't taught, if the pledge of allegiance doesn't include the words under God, if the government and school board thinks that encouraging healthy eating and banning certain foods is what they're going to do, then where do you come off complaining about it? I don't really care about any of these things either way, but when you get something for free, how do you feel entitled to complain? It's free. It's by the government. It's for everybody. The point of the public school system was to make sure that education was open for everyone because there didn't used to be choices, but now there are many other options you can take. Christian schools, Montessori schools etc.

If you don't like it, take responsibility for your own kid and homeschool or put them in a private school. Can't afford it? Then pull yourself up by your bootstraps and get a better job.

BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I sense some tongue in cheek here, eh?

mandaday
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree 100%
Sammybby09
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

What the.....

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:27 PM
11 moms liked this

Itsnot free we pay for it in our property taxes. Even if you rent, someone is paying property tax on the place and school funding comes from that. That is why the better schools are usually where there is a higher property tax base. 

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:27 PM
3 moms liked this

Well it isn't free. Tax dollars pay for it. So you pay for it. In addition, our children are entitled to a proper education. Then again, I did "take responsbility" and opted to put my son in a charter school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:27 PM
7 moms liked this
Pa? I'm a homeowner and I pay property taxes funding the very school my children attend. ;)
JNLmomme09
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:27 PM
For faquk sake.
Kitschy
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:27 PM
2 moms liked this

I pay taxes so it's not free

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN