Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm thinking about becoming a stripper to bring in extra money.......*UPDATE*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 126 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think being a stripper is disgusting no matter the circumstances?

Options:

Yes! It is degrading and nasty! It's a dirty profession.

Sometimes, some places can be unsavory but its not all bad

No, They're not prosotutes, they're just dancing

Other - explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 189

View Results

I saw the post today about "Are you hiding anything from you hubby" and usually I am not but at the moment I guess you could say I am hiding this. Not that I've done anything but I gues the fact that I'm not telling him I'm considering it counts?

Ok, this is not a joke! My husband and I both work full time but due to a recent injury at work I was unable to work for a while and am now STILL waiting to get paid for all the time I was out. We have our honeymoon coming up in 2 months (5 yrs delayed but finally our honeymoon) , the trip is already purchased, booked, non-refundable, and now we've been knocked off our feet financially. I have a friend who is a stripper. She is a sweet person, she has a 1 yr old baby and is married and she does it to pay off all the debt they fell into from her medical bills. In the year that she has been doing it she had paid off nearly all of their combined debt and fixed their credit.He man is ok with it, doesn't feel threatened, know that no one can touch her or do anything but look at her.

Since I know most of the crew there and would have her to look out for me I have seriously been considering dancing a couple of night to catch up on these bills and get our savings back in order. I could be "working late" maybe two nights a week. Heck even just one on the weekend would bring in a bit. It would only be for a couple months....

Idk, I'm sure I will get torn apart by most of you. This isn't something I want to do, I can't talk to DH about it. Of course he would be upset. My friend who dances is actually one of his oldest friends so it's not that he's judgmental but the idea of the woman he loves being on display for horny men I'm sure would pop his top.....I just don't know what to do. I've gone months now without pay, I'm struggling to keep everything paid, our rent just went up. I'm falling asleep crying at night. I've never done anything like this but I am a professionally trained dancer I'm sure I can figure out a pole for a couple months...make some good money and bail out?

I'm clearly pretty freaked out to be considering this. I just need some kind advice...maybe even just a little reason and comfort. Pls help.

*PIC in comments as requested* Also, the club is respectable, clean and well managed. Kind of "uper class" I guess you could say lol. They take the girls security and comfort very seriously and are well staffed with security. I wouldn't consider anything in a dirty place.

**Thank you guys for all the support! There is a whole lot more support and helpfull comments than ones tearing me down and I am so very grateful for that! I have also decided that I AM going to talk to DH about it. He supports our bestie in her work their, we've even gone to see her a few times. We have a good strong relatioship and I think it would be ok. Either way I won't do it without his blessing.
Thank you guys! You're really helping me clear my head on this one. **

**Ok, another update *sigh*  I am not coming to this idea because it is 'easy' or I haven't thought of anything else. this is seriously a very short term thing 1-2 months. Btwn me and Dh working full time with 2 kids I do not have time to take on another job even just PT. And I am not comfortable working somewhere just to quit a couple months later. Clearly, that was the first idea I had. It just wouldn't work.    This I could do a couple nights a week after the afternoon/evening shifts I have at work. Not taking any other time away from my family. I already get home when the kids are asleep on those nights, so adding the time there wouldn't hurt. Being a professionally trained dancer, I am used to performing so it wouldn't  be weird for me to be on stage. Just to clarify.....:)**

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:43 PM

if you got the body then go for it, post pic!

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:43 PM
4 moms liked this
Go for it! I'd do it if I had the body and wasn't covered in scars. ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HelloSweetie
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:44 PM
5 moms liked this

Fuck it, if I had the body and an OUNCE of rhythm  I'd do it.

Alhough HIDING it from your DH doesn't seem like a good idea. He'll likely find out from someone else and it would be better from you

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:44 PM

A girl I know could make up to 3000 a night. I would probably do it if I could! lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Only nasty whores strip.

marie2409
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Do what you gotta do. Be sure it is a reputable place. Also, DO NOT keep it from your husband should you decide to do it. Discuss it with him, get his opinion.
marie2409
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:45 PM
LMAO this too.....hell yea!!

Quoting HelloSweetie:

Fuck it, if I had the body and an OUNCE of rhythm  I'd do it.

Alhough HIDING it from your DH doesn't seem like a good idea. He'll likely find out from someone else and it would be better from you

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Just do it at a good club.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)