Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

US Infant Mortality SUCKS

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Replies (11-20):
Mommy2b2many
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:49 PM
2 moms liked this

This chart is; but generally the infant mortality rate statistics are used to show that all the doctor interventions (from hospital births and c-sections to immunizations and medicines) aren't helping us they are hurting our infant mortality rates. More children are dying in the US than other developed countries which have a more hands off approach

Quoting Humanoid:

So this is basically anti vaccine?

Quoting Anonymous:

Western
Medicine
Kills

Quoting Humanoid:

Can someone explain this to me?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:50 PM
2 moms liked this
It lists vaccines but I am sure it has to do with much more. It shatters the misconception that vaccines are somehow a savior though.

Quoting Humanoid:

So this is basically anti vaccine?

Quoting Anonymous:

Western

Medicine

Kills

Quoting Humanoid:

Can someone explain this to me?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:50 PM
3 moms liked this
It is sad. Didn't Japan do a study of vaccines and children under the age of two. They didn't start vaccinating until after the child was two. And the SIDS rate went down drastically but then they went back to vaccinating at infants. There was a correlation. I don't remember where I read that but if someone has a link please post. Wish U.S.A followed suit. If only they would do the same study. Maybe they could see and compare numbers. But then companies may lose out on money? IS that it?
autodidact
by Snarknado on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

bollocks. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Do people really think that science can objectively hold two position 1 over population 2 maintaining health ofthe living. Vaccines are meant to "trim the flock".

isleysmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:48 AM

I was just having this discussion yesterday. Ricki Lake did a documentary called "The Business of Being Born" it is really eye opening. Our health care for pregnancy, birth, and infancy is deplorable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:48 AM

it certainly is, to say the least

Quoting isleysmom:

I was just having this discussion yesterday. Ricki Lake did a documentary called "The Business of Being Born" it is really eye opening. Our health care for pregnancy, birth, and infancy is deplorable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:50 AM

In Milwaukee the infant mortality rate is higher than that of a 3rd world country. But it isn't from immunizations, it's from women co-sleeping and suffocating their babies. True story.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:52 AM

please provide a link to your 'true story'

Quoting Anonymous:

In Milwaukee the infant mortality rate is higher than that of a 3rd world country. But it isn't from immunizations, it's from women co-sleeping and suffocating their babies. True story.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:59 AM

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/ad-campaign-unveiled-as-another-cosleeping-death-is-announced-s030073-133552808.html

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/83804102.html

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/2011/11/milwaukee-hopes-babies-and-butcher-knives-wake-parents-up-to-dangers-of-co-sleeping/

Quoting Anonymous:

please provide a link to your 'true story'

Quoting Anonymous:

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I would question the results, America's reporting system is second to none where many of the coutries listed rarely use hospitals and don't have to report births.....even Italy up until the last few decades only recorded baptisms and not live or dead births....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured