Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

US Infant Mortality SUCKS

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:01 AM

thank you...that's really bizarre it would cluster like that

Quoting Anonymous:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/ad-campaign-unveiled-as-another-cosleeping-death-is-announced-s030073-133552808.html

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/83804102.html

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/2011/11/milwaukee-hopes-babies-and-butcher-knives-wake-parents-up-to-dangers-of-co-sleeping/

Quoting Anonymous:

please provide a link to your 'true story'

Quoting Anonymous:

In Milwaukee the infant mortality rate is higher than that of a 3rd world country. But it isn't from immunizations, it's from women co-sleeping and suffocating their babies. True story.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:04 AM

i read Bill Gates was providing a surveillance system in these countries to keep track of population and infant mortality......

Bill Gates proposes universal 'birth registry' to help control ...

www.lifesitenews.com/.../bill-gates-proposes-universal-birth-registry-...
Jan 19, 2011 – Gates told the mHealth audience that there is no such thing as a healthy, high-population growth country.
More results for bill gates birth control
Quoting Dzyre1115:

I would question the results, America's reporting system is second to none where many of the coutries listed rarely use hospitals and don't have to report births.....even Italy up until the last few decades only recorded baptisms and not live or dead births....

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:06 AM

All the more reason I'm ANTI-OB unless high risk.

Midwifery FTW!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this

yes, its all from getting vaxed, lol  if this study of infant mortality is just a # of how many infant deaths, lets please include sids, shaken baby syndrome, crack babies, oh & lets not forget that in todays society many infants are being murdered by their parents or the moms boyfriend...

Not everything in based on vax or anti vax.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:07 AM

But it doesn't exist.  Americans keep better records because it's against the law not to report births, live or dead, and that is not the case in most countries.

Quoting Anonymous:

i read Bill Gates was providing a surveillance system in these countries to keep track of population and infant mortality......

Jan 19, 2011 – Gates told the mHealth audience that there is no such thing as a healthy, high-population growth country.
Quoting Dzyre1115:

I would question the results, America's reporting system is second to none where many of the coutries listed rarely use hospitals and don't have to report births.....even Italy up until the last few decades only recorded baptisms and not live or dead births....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:19 AM

if the other countries are that bad in reporting compared to ours, how come our country is so bad with numbers for infant mortality?

Quoting Dzyre1115:

But it doesn't exist.  Americans keep better records because it's against the law not to report births, live or dead, and that is not the case in most countries.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

shortcake82418
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:21 AM
could the numbers have something to do with the growing number of multiples people are having premature from fertility drugs? i don't get how we can be soo far behind.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Really?  Many countries, still do not have a mandatory reporting system and dead babies don't have to be reported at all in many countries.  You don't always have to report a home birth that resulted in death.  So the results can never be accurate until the entire world has the same reporting system and laws regarding the dead that the United States has.

Quoting Anonymous:

if the other countries are that bad in reporting compared to ours, how come our country is so bad with numbers for infant mortality?

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:28 AM
This was my thought exactly. We keep tedious records here. Many other countries are lax on it and given the number of homebirths in other countries they wouldn't be recorded unless the mother wanted it. Plus it can be costly to record it.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:29 AM

but these are peer countries, like the pic said, and those countries have the same technology we do for reporting births and deaths...does it mean they do?  i believe the hospitals are the ones reporting on this, so anyone birthing at home would or may be  be discounted. 

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Really?  Many countries, still do not have a mandatory reporting system and dead babies don't have to be reported at all in many countries.  You don't always have to report a home birth that resulted in death.  So the results can never be accurate until the entire world has the same reporting system and laws regarding the dead that the United States has.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured