Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

US Infant Mortality SUCKS

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Replies (31-40):
angevil53
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:31 AM
If we report more births and as a result more deaths our numbers are going to be higher. It can be costly to a family with little to nothing to report a birth and death. Not like in America where it's easy to get government healthcare for pregnancy and the hospital reports for you. You just fill out some paperwork.

Quoting Anonymous:

if the other countries are that bad in reporting compared to ours, how come our country is so bad with numbers for infant mortality?

Quoting Dzyre1115:

But it doesn't exist.  Americans keep better records because it's against the law not to report births, live or dead, and that is not the case in most countries.

Quoting Anonymous:

i read Bill Gates was providing a surveillance system in these countries to keep track of population and infant mortality......

Bill Gates proposes universal 'birth registry' to help control ...

www.lifesitenews.com/.../bill-gates-proposes-universal-birth-registry-...
Jan 19, 2011 – Gates told the mHealth audience that there is no such thing as a healthy, high-population growth country.

More results for bill gates birth control

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I would question the results, America's reporting system is second to none where many of the coutries listed rarely use hospitals and don't have to report births.....even Italy up until the last few decades only recorded baptisms and not live or dead births....

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:31 AM

the other countries listed are not third world,  they are peer countries, and have the same kind of technology we have here in our hospitals. Do they keep a record of home births over there, and mortality on those? doubtful...i believe the figures are from hospital recorded birth/death only.  

Quoting angevil53:

This was my thought exactly. We keep tedious records here. Many other countries are lax on it and given the number of homebirths in other countries they wouldn't be recorded unless the mother wanted it. Plus it can be costly to record it.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I would question the results, America's reporting system is second to none where many of the coutries listed rarely use hospitals and don't have to report births.....even Italy up until the last few decades only recorded baptisms and not live or dead births....

jkampbyll
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:33 AM

*sighs* basically

Quoting Humanoid:

So this is basically anti vaccine?

Quoting Anonymous:

Western
Medicine
Kills

Quoting Humanoid:

Can someone explain this to me?

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I love my country of origin, but Italy, a peer country, keeps some of the worst records on Earth, and always has.  There are still thousands of families living, "off the grid".  If it's happening there, because of the lack of laws regarding birth or death, then it can be happening anywhere there are no mandatory laws and in my genealogy research, I have found that only the United Kingdom is as meticulous about record keeping as we are.

Quoting Anonymous:

but these are peer countries, like the pic said, and those countries have the same technology we do for reporting births and deaths...does it mean they do?  i believe the hospitals are the ones reporting on this, so anyone birthing at home would or may be  be discounted. 

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Really?  Many countries, still do not have a mandatory reporting system and dead babies don't have to be reported at all in many countries.  You don't always have to report a home birth that resulted in death.  So the results can never be accurate until the entire world has the same reporting system and laws regarding the dead that the United States has.

Quoting Anonymous:

if the other countries are that bad in reporting compared to ours, how come our country is so bad with numbers for infant mortality?

Quoting Dzyre1115:

But it doesn't exist.  Americans keep better records because it's against the law not to report births, live or dead, and that is not the case in most countries.

Quoting Anonymous:

i read Bill Gates was providing a surveillance system in these countries to keep track of population and infant mortality......

Jan 19, 2011 – Gates told the mHealth audience that there is no such thing as a healthy, high-population growth country.
Quoting Dzyre1115:

angevil53
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Is it as easy to get healthcare there? Probably not. There's only a few countries that give it away. Otherwise there's a lot of non reporting going on.

Quoting Anonymous:

the other countries listed are not third world,  they are peer countries, and have the same kind of technology we have here in our hospitals. Do they keep a record of home births over there, and mortality on those? doubtful...i believe the figures are from hospital recorded birth/death only.  

Quoting angevil53:

This was my thought exactly. We keep tedious records here. Many other countries are lax on it and given the number of homebirths in other countries they wouldn't be recorded unless the mother wanted it. Plus it can be costly to record it.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
winterglow
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I l ive in France and can assure you that record keeping is meticulous too.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I love my country of origin, but Italy, a peer country, keeps some of the worst records on Earth, and always has.  There are still thousands of families living, "off the grid".  If it's happening there, because of the lack of laws regarding birth or death, then it can be happening anywhere there are no mandatory laws and in my genealogy research, I have found that only the United Kingdom is as meticulous about record keeping as we are.

Quoting Anonymous:

but these are peer countries, like the pic said, and those countries have the same technology we do for reporting births and deaths...does it mean they do?  i believe the hospitals are the ones reporting on this, so anyone birthing at home would or may be  be discounted. 

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Really?  Many countries, still do not have a mandatory reporting system and dead babies don't have to be reported at all in many countries.  You don't always have to report a home birth that resulted in death.  So the results can never be accurate until the entire world has the same reporting system and laws regarding the dead that the United States has.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:39 AM

i believe it is only the hospital recorded births and deaths that is used for the graph...are all hospitals over there reporting?  We truly do not know. 

Quoting angevil53:

Is it as easy to get healthcare there? Probably not. There's only a few countries that give it away. Otherwise there's a lot of non reporting going on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Rhodin
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Hold on.  Isn't Europe technically "The West" as well?  The list of infant mortality rates by country is loaded with European nations, although I'll admit, SIngapore has them all beat.  I won'der what a birth in Singapore's like?  Also, Wikipedia has us at a mere 34th.  USA!

Quoting Anonymous:

Western
Medicine
Kills

Quoting Humanoid:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:41 AM

wiki cannot be trusted

Quoting Rhodin:

Hold on.  Isn't Europe technically "The West" as well?  The list of infant mortality rates by country is loaded with European nations, although I'll admit, SIngapore has them all beat.  I won'der what a birth in Singapore's like?  Also, Wikipedia has us at a mere 34th.  USA!

Quoting Anonymous:

Western
Medicine
Kills

Quoting Humanoid:

winterglow
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Seriously??? All of the European countries in the list have easy access to healthcare

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Europe 

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN